Experience the difference of "Elite".

Managing VRBO service fee when entering charges

Ken T
May 18, 2021 4:54 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

This should now all be handled by Channel Bridge or our Vrbo API.

Sid P
Jan 27, 2017 12:22 PM
Joined Jul, 2016 4 posts

I currently manually create most of my bookings in OwnerRez because they come from VRBO. When dealing with the charges, I always have to subtract the VRBO service fee from the down payment (their 25% down is not always exactly the same as OwnerRez, sometimes it is off by a penny). It would be great if we could add a line item that is the VRBO service fee that would then be automatically offset by another line.
From there is would be kind of cool to be able to run a report on just how much they are making off of us.
Thanks,
Sid

Sam Westcott
Jan 27, 2017 12:33 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Sid: Funny you should mention this. We're right at the tail end of optional surcharges - should be out (as a v1) in a couple days. That will let you report against surcharges in your booking charges and also let guests optionally select things to add-on during quote acceptance. v2 is going to split out Add-Ons as a separate thing, split out Discounts too. So you'll be able to report against those things in your charges.

Sid P
Jan 27, 2017 12:36 PM
Joined Jul, 2016 4 posts

Cool stuff.
It would be great if you had a special way to deal with the ridiculous VRBO/HA service fee as it would always be removed from what we actually get out of the down payment.
Thanks for the hard work you guys do.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 1, 2017 2:57 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Do you have VRBO payments? if so, why enter VRBO bookings into ownerrez? You can just import the booking and populate phone/email address of the customer. You payments amounts will be 0 in ownerrez as they are handled in VRBO. That way you can use ownerrez templates for your emails, but payments (and fee) is still handled by VRBO.

ShenRent
Feb 1, 2017 3:52 PM
Joined Dec, 2009 54 posts

If you use the QuickBooks integration feature, like we do, OwnerRez will put your payments into QuickBooks automatically (as they go up and down). That's a big deal for us. It'll be a cold day in hell when VRBO syncs with QB or does anything else that is, you know, useful.

Amy S
Apr 4, 2018 2:32 PM
Joined Dec, 2017 3 posts

ShenRent said:

If you use the QuickBooks integration feature, like we do, OwnerRez will put your payments into QuickBooks automatically (as they go up and down). That's a big deal for us. It'll be a cold day in hell when VRBO syncs with QB or does anything else that is, you know, useful.

ShenRent,

I am trying to integrate Quickbooks and OwnerRez. I would love to know how you deal with deposits and credit card fees. My deposits are all coming from OwnerRez to Quickbooks as the entire deposit and I'm not sure the best way to enter the credit card fee associated with the deposit. For instance, the deposit is $500 and the credit card transaction fee is $10, the entire $500 is deposited in QB and I need to reduce that deposit by $10. Thanks!

Ken T
May 18, 2021 4:54 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

BlueMtnCabins
May 18, 2021 5:11 PM

Ken T said:

I know I asked before. Is there any way to have field for Vrbo (or other OTA) service fee only. I see it under charges, but I cannot insert is as a field. Because I send an email post departure along the lines: " If you booked direct, you could have saved $ <amount of service fee>". Currently I have a custom field that I manually populate with the amount of service fee. Would be nice if the service fee amount field that we see under charges had a field code and could be inserted.

Amy S
May 19, 2021 7:26 AM
Joined Dec, 2017 3 posts

Maybe I’m missing it, but I only see the entire deposit in quickbooks without the credit card transaction removed?

Joel P
May 19, 2021 7:38 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

BlueMtnCabins said:

Ken T said:

I know I asked before. Is there any way to have field for Vrbo (or other OTA) service fee only. I see it under charges, but I cannot insert is as a field. Because I send an email post departure along the lines: " If you booked direct, you could have saved $ <amount of service fee>". Currently I have a custom field that I manually populate with the amount of service fee. Would be nice if the service fee amount field that we see under charges had a field code and could be inserted.

You can use the {BTGUESTFEE} field to include all the guest amounts paid to the channel.

BlueMtnCabins
May 24, 2021 7:08 PM

Thank you~

Ocean Zen
Feb 25, 2023 12:50 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 70 posts

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create urgency with addressing Quickbooks Integration / Accounting issues in OR by having all key stakeholders join together to create a louder voice. To do so I have tried to summarize all the open issues in this theme and have created one master feature request that I am asking everyone that would like to see this addressed cast a vote for so we concentrate our voting and allow OR to see the magnitude of the need. I do have some ideas for a rapid resolution but at this time want to focus on identifying and prioritizing the issues/problems and have OR engage in prioritizing this fix.

The comprehensive thread is that this Feature request (full link below). If you feel this is a need PLEASE VOTE. If you have any additions, corrections, or comments please reply and I will try to keep the top post updated.

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/go/70573

Thank you for your support and lets get a roadmap for this once and for all!!

Manel