Experience the difference of "Elite".

Payment Schedules
(page 1 )

Jackie N
Jan 16, 2017 3:45 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 13 posts

Perhaps this exists so please inform me if so! I have many guests who are on payment plans and who also pay by check (yes, they and I remain old-fashioned in that regard!). I would love to be able to capture their payment plans, including due dates and amounts due, so I can more easily track it using OwnerRez reports (as these would be fields I could download to Excel).

The only way I see to schedule a payment now is if the guest is paying by credit card AND that credit card info is on file. As noted above, not all my guests pay by credit card and not all use Stripe (I've had several who insist on PayPal because they already have PayPal accounts - so I don't receive their cc info).

Thanks for any insights!

Jackie N.

Dennis Duff
Mar 26, 2018 1:37 AM
Joined Apr, 2017 1 post

Hi Jackie, Did you ever receive an answer to this question? I have the same one. A guest wanting to do a payment schedule while I only see a way to allow for 2 payments (the deposit + balance due). Would LOVE to know the solution.
Warmest Regards,
Pamela on behalf of Dennis Duff

Chris Hynes
Mar 26, 2018 6:59 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Wow, that's an old one!

So there's way to automatically set up a payment schedule with more than two payments yet. But you can do it manually after the booking has been made if, like Jackie said, it's a credit card booking.

To do that, set up the quote for the first payment. The second payment referred to in the quote will be the final payment for remaining balance due. Then once the booking has been created, go to the Transactions tab and schedule the additional charges.

Chris B
Apr 28, 2018 9:35 AM
Joined Apr, 2018 13 posts

Will this be an option in the future? Most of my guests use checks. Is there a way to apply the payments they send me? We have been requiring a 15% deposit and the security fee at the initial booking, then people just send us payments as long as they have everything paid 6 weeks in advance of arrival. Sorry if I’m asking something I haven’t seen yet. I’m on my trial and just setting everything up.

Chris Hynes
May 1, 2018 6:55 PM

Yep, it will be an option in future.

And you can apply payments at any time -- they don't have to be scheduled. For payments like checks that are handled outside of OwnerRez, go to the Transactions tab of the booking, click the Payment menu, and do a Record Payment.

Jom and Monica
Oct 18, 2018 1:30 PM
Joined Mar, 2018 11 posts

Do you know yet when the ability to have more than 2 scheduled payments will be available?

Chris Hynes
Oct 21, 2018 10:07 AM

No ETA yet for offline payments. You can already go and schedule any number of credit card payments on a booking.

Jom and Monica
Oct 21, 2018 1:15 PM
Joined Mar, 2018 11 posts

Hmmm. I must have misunderstood this thread.

I'm looking to be able to set a policy of 3 payments for all bookings.

If > 60 days before check in $350. (I get people booking months and months in advance.)
At 60 days before check in or if booking is <60 days, half or half of the remainder.
At 30 days before check in or if booking is <30 days, final in full payment.

Paul W
Oct 22, 2018 8:20 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Jon and Monica,

Yes, that's exactly the type of multi-payment schedule we have in mind (not done yet but on the list). You'll be able to set up more than 2 times (currently it's hardcoded to 2) and then specify options like you just laid out - flat amount, % of total, % of remaining, etc. We've been tied up a lot this year with triggers, channels, QB and other things so we've gotten behind on payment schedules but it's coming.

Tim K
Oct 23, 2018 9:20 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

Paul,
Can you share some of the options you are working on regarding payments? I know that a lot of us use a variety of payment structures.
Personally, for "advanced" reservations (6+ months out) I take a $300 deposit. Then the remaining 50% rent (if rent is $2000, then $700 becomes due so that I have half the rent) due in December and the balance due ($1000 PLUS security, cleaning + taxes) 30 days prior. For "regular" bookings it is 50% rent ($1000) due up front and the balance due ($1000 PLUS security, cleaning + taxes) 30 days prior. Will the coming changes cover that kind of structure? I think when I asked about payments previously you or Chris talked about allowing N payments, etc. Just not sure if we will be able to tack on surcharges to the final payment as opposed to splitting the total? I know most people don't like to charge taxes, cleaning and security deposits in advance so being able to choose whether to split the total amount or backload the surcharges would be great. Thanks!

(I'm trying to move more of my questions to the forum so that I can keep track of what I have already asked!!!... and for the benefit of other users)

Tim

Chris Hynes
Oct 25, 2018 12:27 AM

That's some good info to have for sure. We haven't gotten to that level of detail yet, but we'll factor that in.

There may be some of these advanced scenarios like paying different types of things at different dates or multiple schedules depending on days in advance that aren't automatic in that first version of payment schedules. But we will definitely be solving this on a quote by quote basis in v1 -- even if you can't get set up a rule to cover a scenario for instant book, you will be able to set up the payments exactly how you want on a quote before you send it (as opposed to being limited to 2 like it is now).

Yep, we're trying to nudge more questions over here on the forums as well -- it's a great knowledge base for everyone.

Tim K
Oct 25, 2018 8:56 AM

Understood.

I think if payment v1 just gives us the option to select N number of payments, and choose a flat $ amount or "% of balance" for each, and "balance remaining" for the last, and due dates for each that would be a good start.
Later on adding variable payment structures (if 6+ months out charge X, etc) and the ability apply individual surcharges/fees/taxes to a specific payment, or split them over all payments would be great. There are lots of variations from what I see people talking about....

Thanks

Tim

Chris Hynes
Oct 26, 2018 6:52 AM

Yep, we'll have that for sure in the v1. What we're trying to do is get a good generic base that doesn't paint us into a corner, something we can build on with additional logic as we see the more detailed use cases.

Tim K
Oct 26, 2018 10:34 AM

Well now that you've rolled out your channel integrations I'm sure you'll have the new payments up and running by next week! ;)

Mihyon E
Apr 16, 2019 10:09 AM
Joined Sep, 2018 3 posts

When is multiple payment schedule option coming out?

Chris Hynes
Apr 19, 2019 9:35 AM

We don't have an ETA yet, but it's one of the next couple of items that we're tackling.

Tracy P
Nov 16, 2019 2:59 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 18 posts

Any updates on the multiple payment option? I also have guests who book long in advance and pay a deposit of $500 via check, the the remaining balance split up (also by check) with the final one due sixty days prior to arrival. Wondering if this exists as an option yet.

Chris Hynes
Nov 16, 2019 6:18 PM

Not yet -- we got access to the Airbnb API right after my previous message in this thread and have been heads down developing integration with that since. That's going live this week!

Now that we've finished with API we'll be able to refocus on other items.

Will W
Dec 3, 2019 7:34 PM
Joined Dec, 2019 1 post

Please please please. This feature is a must have. In my area, beach house weeks are multiple thousands. Guests don't want to front such a large amount a t deposit, and I don't want to leave a large amount to the final payment. I need at least three payments.

Gatlinburg Mount
Jul 25, 2020 8:01 AM
Joined Jun, 2020 3 posts

Have you been able to add the multiple payments options yet? If so, where do I go to set this up, especially with channel manager?