Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cleaning Date
(page 2 )

Surrey
May 28, 2019 11:28 PM
Joined Jul, 2016 2 posts

When will the housekeeping module be available? Housekeeping reports are important! SMS notifications would work great.

Paul W
May 30, 2019 2:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

No firm ETA on that yet. Thanks for checking back, but it was delayed because of some other ongoing dev work. SMS as well.

Donna M
May 1, 2021 10:43 PM
Joined Sep, 2017 38 posts

What are the updates on the housekeeping feature- especially now with COVID and cleaning coordination is now a critical issue.

Ken T
May 3, 2021 9:04 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

We now have very thorough integrations with several companies that provide housekeeping and maintenance scheduling:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview

So providing our own housekeeping module is no longer a priority and will not happen in the near future if at all.

Glenn Moore
May 3, 2021 9:56 AM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

But... the basic cleaning date will remain, correct? I rely a lot on this field for communications with my cleaners. It is simple but extremely useful to me.

Tx. Glenn

Ken T
May 3, 2021 11:33 AM

Yes, we're not currently planning to remove this field.

BlueSky Getwaway
Jul 21, 2022 11:25 AM
Joined Mar, 2022 35 posts

But it doesn't block the day of cleaning you still have to do that manually? 

Glenn Moore
Jul 21, 2022 12:34 PM

It does not block anything.  Actually a small bit of useful automation might be the following:

1) You enter a cleaning date

2) upon entry a popup come up that asks if you would like to block the calendar from the end of the reservation to the cleaning date.

3) you can accept or decline this small automation after the popup comes up.

I guess it would help with me second step which invariably is to manually block my calendar for the period between the end of the reservation and the cleaning.

Glenn

Ken T
Jul 21, 2022 2:57 PM

You wouldn't normally block the day of the cleaning - generally, the expectation is that cleaning will take place in the middle of the day, between checkout and checkin.

If you want to have a day in between bookings, you can set that in OwnerRez as a changeover restriction:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/property-availability-rules#changeover

BlueSky Getwaway
Jul 21, 2022 3:15 PM

You wouldn't normally block the day of the cleaning - generally, the expectation is that cleaning will take place in the middle of the day, between checkout and checkin.

If you want to have a day in between bookings, you can set that in OwnerRez as a changeover restriction:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/property-availability-rules#changeover

by Ken T – Jul 21, 2022 6:57 PM (UTC)

Hi, Unfortunately I don't think it will work for me, I want to individually block after each stay, if it's a short stay I can clean same day or next day, after a longer stay I block same day check in and next day, but I don't do this all the time, I'll read up on it though and see if I can use it. Thank you

Glenn Moore
Jul 21, 2022 3:44 PM

Yes, I have the changeover restriction which is set to 1 day.  So if someone checks out Friday morning, the system does not allow a checkin until Saturday afternoon.  That is considered a one day block. 

Usually my cleaners will clean the following day of the checkout (in this example, Saturday morning) and that works out fine.   But often they indicate that due to scheduling they may not be able to turn over the place for a few days. (ie in this example, they may clean on Monday even though the checkout was Friday.

Its no big deal, I just go and manually put a block on everything (just to be sure) between checkout and cleaning.... unless cleaning is scheduled the day of checkout.   I just wanted to point out that your assumptions are wrong and cleaning does not always get scheduled perfectly... ;-)

BlueSky Getwaway
Jul 22, 2022 8:52 AM

I'm going to keep it on manual blocks for now, I have a different setup than most,  I do all the cleaning with 5 apts, sometimes I have help so I leave the calendar open for same day checkins on Three of the apts and block two from same day checkins, and depending on schedule I won't allow same day checkins at all,  its an ever changing landscape so I'll stick with the manual block for now,.

I was just hoping that setting a cleaning day would automatically block time for it without having to do another step and block it. I'll just block it and say its for cleaning in the notes for now, one less step that way.