Experience the difference of "Elite".

rate table widget

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 30, 2016 2:03 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I know this been discussed before, but several people on "say no to VRBO fee" FB group were discussing ownerrez and also were asking if there is a rate table widget (that can be imbedded in a website).
I thought that this is not that important, because there is a quote/book widget, right? Apparently not so. In absence of rate table widget, I have created manually a rate table and added to my property website page. Well since I have google analytics, I see that people do click on that page a lot, even though they have quote/book widget readily available. Was wondering if this is in the works? Thanks

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 17, 2017 7:33 AM

I see there is a rate table appearing under each property, generated from rates and seasons. love it! If it was only possible to export it in a form of a widget! Pllllease.

Michelle J
Jan 17, 2017 8:28 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Yes, that is planned and in the works. Our Hosted Website feature already includes that in the property page. Here's a live example:

http://www.shenrent.com/echo-valley-farms

(Scroll to bottom)

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 19, 2017 4:53 PM

Yes this would work! I got an email frpm inquirer why the rates on my rates website page were different (by a few $) from the quoted. That it because I cannot keep up updating them in many places :) rate widget would eliminate that issue.

Janice T
Jan 24, 2017 1:01 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

I have been wanting this feature as well. However, I have also wondered about incorporating the rates into the calendar. I've seen this done on other sites with the nightly rate showing in each day's "box", or the rate appears when you mouse over the day. Maybe there are reasons that this method isn't good? What are your thoughts on this?

Chris Hynes
Jan 24, 2017 10:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

A nightly rate for each day box can be good, depending on the complexity of your rates. Problem is, a lot of folks have things like cleaning fees, per person fees, minimum stays etc. that aren't really represented well on a nightly rate box. That's why we've steered toward a quote generated based on dates rather than hovering on the calendar.

That works for everything, and its really not more effort to get a quote, because you'd have to click on the calendar a few times in the hover model anyway to get a full quote

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 25, 2017 7:11 AM

I would still rather like rate table widget. That way I can post cleaning fee, tax rate etc as a separate line below the table. But it will give people idea of what rates are by season. Those who charge for extra people can put a line below saying something like 'rate based on X people, extra people is Y per person per night'

Janice T
Jan 26, 2017 2:59 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

Thanks for that info, Chris. I do see that it makes more sense to have a rate table.

Chris Hynes
Feb 18, 2017 12:38 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Wanted to let everyone know that the rates widget has been released: https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/rates-tables-everywhere