Experience the difference of "Elite".

Coupon or discount line in the quote/invoice
(page 1 )

Chris Hynes
Sep 6, 2019 6:20 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh, the secret is out! Yep, this went out in a release over the weekend. We haven't written docs yet, but it's pretty simple:

1) Go to Settings > Surcharges & Discounts and add one
2) Select the Discount type
3) Select Applied by Discount Code and enter the code

Once you have discount codes that apply to a property, the discount code box will appear on the guest form for a quote as well as on the book now widget. The discount code box won't show if there are no applicable discounts.

The other thing to keep in mind is that a discount code will override any other discount on the quote. So if you have a last minute discount or something, and the guest enters a discount by code, it would replace the other discount instead of stacking with it.

Floridaloha
May 25, 2016 10:57 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 56 posts

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to be able to enter a negative line item to the quote for things like discounts or coupons. There may already be a way to do this but I couldn't see it. I had extended a $50 coupon to one of my guests and would like to log it in like this.

rent
tax
cleaning
coupon
total

It would be handy to be able to extend a coupon code to guests too so they could enter it when making a payment.

Cheers,
Nancy

Michelle J
May 25, 2016 11:40 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Yes, you can enter negative items directly into quotes. You can do negative flat amounts (-50.00) or negative percentages (-10%). They both work.

Coupon codes are on the dev roadmap already, but we haven't been able to get to them yet.

Greg W
Jan 3, 2017 7:58 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 1 post

I would really like to see the ability to provide customers with a coupon code that would provide a discount as well.

Thanks

Chris L
Sep 22, 2017 4:12 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Can I add my vote for this? I'd like to be able to offer my repeat guests a 10% discount and let them book automatically through my site (I think it tends to maximize conversions if I make it easy for them to do it themselves rather than have to submit an inquiry and wait for me to respond).

Ideally, the feature would be flexible and could offer:

-A percentage discount
-A flat dollar figure
-A flat dollar-off per night (i.e. $10 off per night)
-Change rate to a specific rate (i.e. coupon 99SPECIAL for $99/night)
-Reducing or waiving a designated fee (i.e. waive the cleaning fee or a pet fee)
-Ability to set validity periods (blackout dates or available dates) and maybe some other tweaks, like minimum/maximum stays, including/excluding weekends, etc.)

But I'd be happy with just a basic percentage discount for now! :)

Chris Hynes
Sep 22, 2017 6:04 PM

Yep! This is something that would be very useful in a lot of ways.

For an initial version, we're thinking to add this as another way to add discounts, like we have for add-ons. Create a discount, enter a code that triggers it. Add a discount code area on the first quote page where you also pick addons.

I think the tough rule there is what about multiple discounts, particularly if some are built in and some are on codes? Do you let them stack or pick the greatest discount? For starters the best thing is probably to only allow the greatest discount to apply when a code is entered.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 23, 2017 8:08 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Chris Hynes said:

Yep! This is something that would be very useful in a lot of ways.

For an initial version, we're thinking to add this as another way to add discounts, like we have for add-ons. Create a discount, enter a code that triggers it. Add a discount code area on the first quote page where you also pick addons.

I think the tough rule there is what about multiple discounts, particularly if some are built in and some are on codes? Do you let them stack or pick the greatest discount? For starters the best thing is probably to only allow the greatest discount to apply when a code is entered.

let me chime in.
I do let SOME stack - like having cleaning fee waived AND repeat guest can still get 5 or 10% discount, but right now I have to add the 2nd discount manually.
At the very min would be good to have the set up apply discount when they enter a promo code, like ComeBack10 promo code that I could email to prior guests... But when they book in offseason I also offer cleaning fee waiver (discount) I can see them stacking. Also would be good if the coupon code was applicable to only one property or all. ( I advertise that return guests can book either property with discount - does not have to be same as last time); in other situations I would want to offer promo code only for one property but not the other.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 5, 2018 4:24 PM

So any update on coupon codes? TIA

Chris Hynes
Jan 9, 2018 4:14 PM

Not yet. Still in the hopper, but we're focusing on some channel integrations right now (booking.com, airbnb, ta, etc.) that have to get done first.

Ella
May 2, 2018 6:09 PM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Subscribing for updates.

David S
Jun 24, 2019 12:27 PM
Joined Sep, 2018 5 posts

Any progress on Coupon Codes? I am grateful for OwnerRez and the response to questions is superb.

The only thing I find lacking of serious import is the ability to offer coupons for marketing purposes. Would love an update on if this is something we can realistically expect and if so when.

Paul W
Jun 25, 2019 4:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

No updates yet - sorry about that! 😥

We keep having to back-burner stuff like that because of important features that pop up. We just finished a large HomeAway API update for instance which slowed down a bunch of other things. And now we just signed with Airbnb so that will be coming too in the near future, also slowing down some things. There are certain features that we are forced to drop everything and work on based on time tables, industry partners, etc. Rest assured, though, that we are working on a bunch of other things. We just expanded our Door Lock integrations and have more coming out soon. We are also overhauling our email templates and system messages and will have that out soon.

David S
Jun 25, 2019 4:24 PM
Joined Sep, 2018 5 posts

I consider that an update - although without a date. ;) Thanks for the reply and hopefully the OTAs will stop messing with things long enough to move forward in other areas.

Ps - If you enable this I will send you a coupon for a huge discount! Let me know when it happens......

JTVRs
Jun 25, 2019 6:20 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

OTA full integrations come first

Paul W
Jun 26, 2019 3:32 PM

David S said:

If you enable this I will send you a coupon for a huge discount!

Now we're talking! You should have led with that first!

(Kidding!)

Paul W
Jun 26, 2019 3:33 PM

JTVRs said:

OTA full integrations come first

Indeed. At least if you're the size of Airbnb or HA. Agoda and some others have signed with us but they're too small, buggy to be worth the while yet.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 6, 2019 12:45 PM

Someone posted a screen shot of the quote form with line for coupon. Is that in beta?

Chris Hynes
Sep 6, 2019 6:20 PM

Ahh, the secret is out! Yep, this went out in a release over the weekend. We haven't written docs yet, but it's pretty simple:

1) Go to Settings > Surcharges & Discounts and add one
2) Select the Discount type
3) Select Applied by Discount Code and enter the code

Once you have discount codes that apply to a property, the discount code box will appear on the guest form for a quote as well as on the book now widget. The discount code box won't show if there are no applicable discounts.

The other thing to keep in mind is that a discount code will override any other discount on the quote. So if you have a last minute discount or something, and the guest enters a discount by code, it would replace the other discount instead of stacking with it.

David S
Sep 6, 2019 8:53 PM
Joined Sep, 2018 5 posts

THANK YOU! This is literally the only reason I was holding back from fully embracing OwnerRez. I will be a lifelong client personally now and will be pushing OwnerRez with all new sites we do.

Fantastic additional from a marketing / sales perspective.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 6, 2019 9:15 PM

yep, the cat is out of the bag, thank you so much

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 7, 2019 10:14 AM

Is there any way to test this? I have created a discount but it does not show up on "rate tester" tool?