Experience the difference of "Elite".

Employee / Housekeeping Login

Randy Juneau
Apr 15, 2016 3:52 PM
Joined May, 2012 36 posts

Is there any way for you to make a login to OR for my housekeeper that allows only selected parts of OR? I would like for her to see the booking calendar and notes sometimes but really don't want her to see my revenue, reports and so on.

Chris Hynes
Apr 19, 2016 12:51 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

There is currently only one login per account.

However, you can create a custom iCal feed for each property, and control what's exposed through that feed. You can include guest info and booking notes etc. there.

If the housekeeper adds those iCal's to her Google calendar or other calendar app, she'll be able to see all of those details, read-only, without access to any other things in the system.

Chris L
Aug 28, 2017 2:03 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

This is a feature that I would kill for (and, honestly, I just assumed would be included in the product and am disappointed is not included).

I have been fighting for two weeks with finding some way to publish the ICS feed in a manner my housekeepers can easily see and understand. I've tried embedding it as a Google Calendar on a Google Sites page, sharing on Zoho Calendar, using some third-party tool that isn't even actively published anymore (InstantCal), etc. None of them has proven stable and reliable and easy to use (for me or the recipients).

Right now, my housekeeper has my password to my HomeAway account. That's obviously not ideal, but it's the only solution we could come up with (she has other owners who do the same thing) to let her have easy access to my calendar, but it is still a semi-manual process as she needs me to manually provide her the door lock codes (based on the guest's phone number) for Airbnb and Flipkey bookings.

I suppose I can give her my login information to OwnerRez instead of HomeAway, but that seems like this should be something that I really shouldn't have to do...

Chris Hynes
Aug 29, 2017 8:57 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We released portal access for employees/housekeeping last month: https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/portal-access-for-owners-and-staff-released. That allows you to grant access to see different levels of the calendar, from availability only to full financials, add access to block-off etc.

Chris L
Aug 29, 2017 9:13 AM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Ah, very cool! I don't know why that didn't come up on Google when I was searching to be sure before posting here.

While it would of course be preferable not to have to turn PM tools on and pay more for the feature, eliminating the headache for me is honestly worth it, so I've turned it on and am setting it up now. Thanks!