Experience the difference of "Elite".

Quote Email/SMS/Channel Triggers

Randy Juneau
Apr 2, 2016 8:53 AM
Joined May, 2012 36 posts

Yes! We need this really bad. If we could send our recent quotes out a day after 3 days after 5 days after and so forth it was first quoted, this would increase our bookings a lot. I used to have a high-school kid hired that would just go through the quote list and resend stuff that had been quoted in the last 3 or 4 days and he would look to make sure there was still availability on that unit, and if not he would do a new quote on a unit that was available. Then start sending that quote out as group email on a regular basis. I don't have time to do it anymore but it was a huge boost to my bookings. To go full circle with it, I'm thinking it would be triggered triggered buy a quote comma then you would need to check to see if the property is still available somehow or simply put a list with links to properties that are available for those dates. I would be happy to show you how this is done in another property management program. But if you could at least get a trigger out 4 quotes ASAP, that would be very helpful. Then work on the other bells and whistles as you have time.

Sam Westcott
Apr 3, 2016 9:44 AM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Randy, we're going to push forward on this to get something out to you. Others have asked about this as well in the past. The plan is to add a Quote trigger that hinges on the Status criteria field. So you can choose to send/not send based on what the quote's status is (open, preempted, expired, booked). It will be a small iteration, but should get you what you need here. Thx, ~Sam

Marina's Edge Re
Apr 6, 2016 12:25 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

YEAH!!! Can't wait!

Amanda & Mike H
Mar 9, 2020 12:51 PM
Joined Jun, 2017 12 posts

Was this ever addressed? I can't seem to find a way to trigger emails based on the quote status?

We would like to be able to send a triggered email based on days before/after expiry or preempted quotes.

Paul W
Mar 11, 2020 4:44 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Not yet and more's the pity. Still very much needed and a highly requested To Do on our roadmap. The last couple years were filled with deviations for channel integration. When we finally got HA and Airbnb to the table, we spent 90% of our time doing what they needed. It ate up about 2 years of time. Thanks for the nudge on this.

Rich S
Mar 13, 2020 1:08 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Y'all made the right call on where to focus !

Chris Hynes
May 7, 2021 6:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

[Another topic was closed as a duplicate of this topic (https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/smsquote-how-to-trigger)]

BlueMtnCabins
May 11, 2021 10:41 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Chris Hynes said:

[Another topic was closed as a duplicate of this topic (https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/smsquote-how-to-trigger)]

not exactly a duplicate. The other was asking how to trigger SMS, not email. This one is about email. I would want to send a quote link via SMS in response to inquiry.

Chris Hynes
May 11, 2021 1:08 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Triggers use the same underlying logic, so once you're able to trigger for quotes, you'll be able to trigger any of the possible template types (email, SMS, etc).

BlueMtnCabins
May 12, 2021 12:10 PM

Chris Hynes said:

Triggers use the same underlying logic, so once you're able to trigger for quotes, you'll be able to trigger any of the possible template types (email, SMS, etc).

I wanted to be able to send quote link in SMS just like we send reply-with-quote email when they inquire. Will this cover that?

Paul W
May 13, 2021 12:07 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi BlueMtnCabins,

Yes, in theory. Triggers for quotes would allow you to send SMS messages and all quote-related field codes (of which the quote link is one) would be available and work for SMS as well as email.

BlueMtnCabins
May 13, 2021 12:13 PM

Paul W said:

Hi BlueMtnCabins,

Yes, in theory. Triggers for quotes would allow you to send SMS messages and all quote-related field codes (of which the quote link is one) would be available and work for SMS as well as email.

sounds great , as many respond to inquiry/quote emails go unopened (even with verified email).

Jubilee Suites
Feb 20, 2023 2:37 PM
Joined Apr, 2018 6 posts

I'm surprised there are not more than 14 votes for this feature.  I think people don't know what they don't know.  This would be a money maker.  I've had two incidents in the past few months where guests show up thinking they've completed the booking process but didn't.  I was able to accommodate them so I did end up getting the bookings.  If I hadn't been able to accommodate them they would have been very disappointed and possibly dissatisfied with the service resulting in negative reviews.

Michael D
Feb 22, 2023 11:53 AM
Joined Oct, 2019 54 posts

This would be a really good feature to have. I think the reason a lot of items don't get more votes is that the request falls down the page of requests and then people don't see it to vote on it. I'm replying to keep this request higher on the list so more people can see it and, hopefully, vote for it.

BlueSky Getwaway
Apr 6, 2023 6:35 PM
Joined Mar, 2022 35 posts

I just found this while looking for how to send sms for a quote, It would be beneficial to tell potential guests to look for an email from your email address.

Scott J
Apr 27, 2023 2:56 PM
Joined Mar, 2019 167 posts

This request seems to be the same as this one:

Trigger to send follow up to unbooked quoted inquiries

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/trigger-to-send-follow-up-to-unbooked-quoted-inquiries

And I just made a related, but not identical feature request:

Abandoned Booking Tracking/Recovery/Response

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/abandoned-booking-trackingrecoveryresponse

Shawn H
Aug 28, 2023 8:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 205 posts

[Another topic was closed as a duplicate of this topic (Ability to send quote reminders to guest)]