Experience the difference of "Elite".

Attachments for E-mails

Waltzerla
Feb 16, 2016 3:38 PM
Joined Dec, 2011 1 post

I send out a trigger "welcome" e-mail right before a guest's arrival where I attach PDF files with various helpful information that the guest can print out. I would love to be able to do that with this system. Otherwise, I can't have it as a trigger e-mail and have to do it manually. Is that possible?

Michelle J
Feb 16, 2016 7:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Waltzerla,

We don't currently have a way of including attachments on email templates. In fact, that's been by design. Our email system is built around large-volume sending where we optimize deliverability (trying to avoid spam filters) so that all the transactional email sent out to guests gets read as much as possible.

That being said, we recommend that you reproduce the attachment as the body of the email. Is that possible in your case?

In other words, can you use our rich-text editor to make an email template with the pictures and words and fonts that look similar to your PDF? If so, then the attachment would not be necessary.

-Michelle

Denise A
Jun 14, 2023 12:52 PM
Joined Jul, 2022 11 posts

This was asked in 2016--have there been any developments to add pdf's to replies to Vrbo inquiries?  I can upload the file directly on Vrbo and attach it to an answer, but It would be so much better to do it within OR.  I know I can change the pdf to a Jpeg, but I'd prefer pdf if possible.  Thx.

Chris Hynes
Jun 14, 2023 1:16 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, since the recent release of our Vrbo messaging integration, you are able to send messages via the Vrbo API directly, including attachments, rather than relying on email.