Experience the difference of "Elite".

Interactive Calendar

Randy Juneau
Feb 14, 2016 10:53 PM
Joined May, 2012 36 posts

A huge upgrade would be making the OR calendar interactive so owners or guests could click on arrival and departure dates to get an instant quote with a book and a quote button. See my website galvestonbeachcondos.Com availability tab at the top, that currently has the logic calendar with this feature. I didn't use it at first, but now I refer travelers to it all the time and get a lot of bookings this way. It doesn't require the guest's info to quote.

Michelle J
Feb 15, 2016 9:17 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the feature request.

I don't know if you know this (you very well might) but we have a widget already that lets your guest plug in dates and get a rate quote (or add more information and fully checkout).

Did you know about that one?

If not take a look at this website page, over on the right side:

http://cardigancabins.com/shenandoah-stars

Select the arrival/departure date and # adults and you'll get an instant rate estimate. As you add more adults and such, it will adjust, including showing where there are rule violations.

A lot of users are getting direct bookings this way now.

Thoughts?

-Michelle

Randy Juneau
Feb 15, 2016 11:54 AM

Got it and am building my new Web site with those. BUT, that's only for 1 property at a time. It's really nice to be able to get an overview on 1 calendar of what we have available total. I have my one bedrooms at the top of the calendar and my two bedrooms at the bottom. If I get a phone call I can quickly see what's available and click a day and get an instant quote for anyone right over the phone on my cell phone, PDA. I can also easily direct them to that calendar and they can see the same thing and be able to quote them sells any of my condos without having to move around to individual property pages on the website. Like I said, I didn't think it was a big deal at first but once I started using that feature in Lodgix, I now use it all the time and especially while I'm on the go, not at my computer and can do all of this right from my cell phone. It might be a huge project for you guys to make your calendar widget interactive like that. I guess Lodgix built that into the features of their calendar when they made it probably.

See my site below that uses the Lodgix calendar:

http://galvestonbeachcondos.com/availability/

Michelle J
Feb 15, 2016 12:51 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

You're completely right - it would be a great thing to have (the interactive calendar) and something we'll have for sure.

I wanted to point out that you **CAN** have multiple properties being selected in one spot.

Here's an example of a user that has it:

http://www.riversideproperties.org/availability-calendars

Notice that the widget has a "Select Property" dropdown at the top.

Randy Juneau
Feb 15, 2016 5:14 PM

Thanks Michelle. It's just easier for me and the traveler to see everything on one calendar. I can use the rate tester to quickly do quotes on my cell phone, but I still don't have 1 page to go to that I can see all unit's availability AND do a quote without having to navigate all over. Just a suggestion since personal devices are being used more now than computers to buy stuff online. It makes it a lot easier for the traveler as well to have just one page to see and use. Just add it to my wish list!! Thanks! :-)