Experience the difference of "Elite".

trouble renters

Jacques L
Sep 18, 2015 11:50 AM
Joined Jun, 2014 50 posts

Is there any way to keep track of people I don't want to rent to again? There is a notes section on each stay. If the same email address inquires again, it would be nice if those notes showed up somehow, so I could turn down the bad people.

Sam Westcott
Sep 18, 2015 5:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Jacques: We don't have a specifically-programmed feature to handle black listing people but it's definitely a great idea. Others have asked for black lists before. I think the standard way is to use the notes field. I don't know if you noticed, but there is a Repeat Guest badge that shows up on all inquiries and quotes in the overview area when the email address is recognized from a previous record. ~Sam

Chris Hynes
Sep 18, 2015 6:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We do have a "Has Problem" flag on the Notes tab. That lets you flag a guest as problematic, or as having a problem that needs to be fixed. In the past, like Sam pointed out, we were only showing the "Has Problem" flag on the booking it affected, even though we were showing the "Repeat Guest" flag across bookings.

I just pushed up a new update that makes the "Has Problem" flag visible in the same location where the "Repeat Guest" flag used to show. Repeat Guests tracks based on email address, so we now show "Problem Guest" if its a repeating guest that has a previous booking with "Has Problem" flagged.

Now you can see if you have a repeat guest or a problem guest on bookings, quotes, and inquiries. Click on the "Repeat Guest" or "Problem Guest" badge to see a list of related bookings.

Jacques L
Sep 21, 2015 10:25 AM
Joined Jun, 2014 50 posts

Tested this out, works great. Nice ugly orange color for the bad tenant! Thanks.