Experience the difference of "Elite".

Aggregated Calendar Idea

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 22, 2014 8:15 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

We have a 4-plex but list it as a single property on VRBO, TripAdvisor, etc. This makes it impossible to automatically synchronize calendars.

If there was a way to aggregate the calendar into a single calendar, I could synch that calendar with VRBO, TripAdvisor, Airbnb, etc.

Your double blind email concept got me thinking about this...it would be a way to seamlessly interact with these booking engines and ensure we receive inquiries only when properties are available!

Damon

Michelle J
Oct 23, 2014 10:13 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Damon,

This is a request we've chewed on before. I'd say about 10% of our users are in this situation - one listing on VRBO but it represents 3 or 4 actual units. Then in our system, they have Unit 1, Unit 2, etc.

There are a couple problems with doing this...

1) It is impossible to parse inquiries to the exact right property in our system so you're always having to assign it after the fact manually.

2) Any calendar syncing could only ever be 1-way. We could write logic that would turn off availability if ALL your units were booked but that would never work in the opposite direction.

At the moment, OwnerRez only does 1-way syncing, but we are actively working on a larger 2-way syncing system as part of some fundamental changes to work with the walled garden listing sites that everything is turning into.

It's definitely something we'll continue to think about, but it's not an easy cat to skin.

-Michelle

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 23, 2014 12:19 PM

Thanks. The single goal I would have for this solution would be one-way calendar synching showing blocked off if ALL units were booked.

Marina's Edge Re
Nov 8, 2014 12:25 PM

Is it possible to display the Calendar widget on an external website but default to the ribbon view displaying ALL my properties? I want to give people the ability to see what's available across 8 different properties all on the same complex in the calendar vs. having to scroll through 8 calendars.

Let me know if you have any ideas or work-around to make this scenario possible!

Michelle J
Nov 10, 2014 9:49 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

At the moment, we don't offer any out-of-the-box widgets for that, but I know what you're talking about and it's something we plan on supporting. There are several types of calendars: the one you mentioned where multiple properties show up together and then a full page display that shows the same thing with some filtering capability.