Experience the difference of "Elite".

Aggregated email correspondence

Gclaseman
Sep 10, 2013 12:02 PM
Joined Aug, 2013 3 posts

I feel it would be a great feature of the platform to keep track of "all" correspondence made within the platform in a thread style interface. I'm finding that once I send a quote and the prospective guest has a question they reply back to my email address and not OR's address thus creating two different sources of information that I have to search through.

Michelle J
Sep 10, 2013 1:46 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Gclaseman,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We purposefully use your email address as the Reply To address on each message so that guests contact you directly.

Sending and receiving email through the app is something often requested and we're heading in that direction. We want to make sure it's managed correctly though so that email messages don't get lost and so that you can use your own email programs and all its conveniences without being forced to login to OwnerRez every time you want to respond.

We recently released some changes to how guests are recorded so that future CRM features can be developed quickly and cleanly. Email sending and receiving is a big part of that.

-Michelle

Sloanish
Dec 2, 2018 2:54 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

I recently made a suggestion on this very topic. I found this 2011 comment while searching for something else.
It is important to have a workflow that does capture all of the emails so you can see them 1) grouped and 2) all in the same location
I think this could be done in Gmail (as the primary repository) and then links to launch OwnerRez when you need it.

FYI
My comment was:
CLEANER EMAIL INBOX IN GMAIL
Using a standardized email header would allow grouping of emails.
Emails are not being collected under similar subject lines. This is a great way to organize emails for one rental rather than having them separate for each email.
Gmail does this automatically.
Conversation view on
Conversation view off
Info on it here.
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/5900?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
I group all of my emails by starting with this common subject line
Captain Morse House Inquiry 2019-0911-0917
Then when it is booked I use this subject line
Captain Morse House Rental 2019-0911-0917