Experience the difference of "Elite".

Ability to "clone" existing quote to a different property

ShenRent
Aug 20, 2013 1:13 PM
Joined Dec, 2009 54 posts

We have multiple properties, and occasionally it happens that two guests will get quotes for the same or overlapping periods of time. When Guest A finalizes the booking, Guest B's quote is pre-empted and OR won't let them double book. This is good, but usually we simply offer Guest B one of our other properties instead. Right now to do this we have to manually copy over all the quote information and create a new quote from scratch. It would be better to add a "Clone/Change Quote to Different Property" that would let us switch them over easily.

Michelle J
Aug 20, 2013 1:19 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Thanks, Veronica, for the idea and well said! I agree that this should be done. We've been thinking about "clone" features for some of the record types. The Move Property functionality that is currently available for bookings should also be added to quotes.

-Michelle

Lisa B
Oct 13, 2021 10:23 AM
Joined Apr, 2021 8 posts

I agree the ability to Clone or Copy a Quote with all its unique settings would be great. I would also like to see the same option for Bookings.

The current "Copy To" feature in Bookings only copies over the guest and the property. It would be so much more useful and powerful if it could also "Copy Over" things like a custom rate, commission, listing site, and payment schedule.

It would also be helpful for guests who want to book their return the following year after their yearly seasonal stay. Once they check out from their stay the first week of July, have you rebook them for the same time the following year. Nice to keep all their special settings (as a return guest) the same without having to redo everything.

Since COVID we have had a huge increase in the number of long term rentals, and since OR is not really intended for Long Term stays we are creating 12 - one month bookings for 1 year long term leases. Creating them manually is a ton of work, this kind of CLONE or COPY feature for bookings would save us a ton of time.