Experience the difference of "Elite".

Reporting?

Ken T
May 18, 2021 5:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

We now have a pretty full-featured reporting system, with strong export capabilities:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/reporting-overview

Jon C
Apr 21, 2013 9:20 AM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

I would like to know what the status is on reporting capabilities/data extraction from this application. I'd like to be able to simply export all of my bookings to Excel for further analysis, with details of each booking for a property (total rental fees, any surcharges added, taxed amounts, and fees from ownerrez). For book keeping purposes (both income and state sales taxes) it seems like this would really be needed... in fact, the "Bookings-Grid" view is similar to what I need, but just need total taxed amount and taxes paid or something added. Even a simple dump to CSV would be fine for this. How do other users manage their income taxes/sales tax payments without this basic capability?

Analytics-type capabilities, like you describe on the external web site (average rates, repeat renters, etc.) would be nice but I think the above is really more important.

Marina's Edge Re
Apr 21, 2013 3:27 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I agree.

Michelle J
Apr 22, 2013 7:45 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Jon,

Reporting is high on the to-do list. We have a design update being released shortly with new grids. The plan is to include some simple Excel exporting as a part of that design so that users can begin exporting data on any of the overview grids which should lessen the burden of reporting (as you mentioned). I don't believe the Excel button will be in the upcoming release itself, but it will be following that shortly.

In general, reporting is sorely needed. It is one of the most often requested/asked about issues, and we feel your pain. We're pushing forward on a lot of fronts. Expect to see a lot of updates coming shortly.

-Michelle

Jon C
Nov 30, 2013 6:38 AM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

Hi Michelle,
I have been looking at some of the new reports available in beta. Some look great- but I need a report that will show me for each property all charges, including taxes. This will make book keeping easier for me. Perhaps this now exists but I can't find it.

Thanks

Michelle J
Dec 2, 2013 7:12 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Jon,

You're right that that exact report is needed, and it's on our to-do list. Before offering it, however, we have to change how taxes are done a little. The current tax report kind of demonstrates the problem. Taxes need to be more structured so that they can be broken down cleanly on reports. We do plan on having a line-item type report, though, which is what you're talking about.

-Michelle

Roseberry Cabin
Jun 1, 2016 9:47 AM
Joined Apr, 2016 19 posts

When I log on to the State web site to file taxes the end of each month,
I need to put the Net amount of sales in the form -- when I do that, the
tax is figured by their data base.

Each month before I log in, I print out from the bank the report of
amount deposited and the reports from the web sites to show amounts sent -
which I compare and reconcile. Then I figure the amount of tax -
deduct that from the total to get the net - which is the amount to
record on the form. Tax is figured - discount deducted for timely reporting,
and I submit payment.

It would be easier for me if the Sales Tax Report had the amount of Sales as well as
the amount of tax due for the month.
Thank you, Mary Jane

Ken T
May 18, 2021 5:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

We now have a pretty full-featured reporting system, with strong export capabilities:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/reporting-overview