Experience the difference of "Elite".

Own individual email for OwnerRez

cp9293
Jun 16, 2012 11:37 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

It has come to my attention that a booking quote, sent via OwnerRez, went into the spam folder. Plus, the guest didn't even know it was from me. So, they just deleted it. I know that you have added the Subject line to include the owner's name (or name put somewhere), but I almost missed this booking. Makes me wonder if this is why I have not been getting any bookings via OwnerRez, unless I followed up through my email.

Can we have our own email for OwnerRez, for starters? For example, the email would be coming back to them... CP9293@OwnerRez.com, not inquiries@ownerreservations.com? Is that what the guest sees, "inquiries@ownerreservations.com"?

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 16, 2012 2:10 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

We have a long-term goal to provide CMS with custom email addresses exactly as you mentioned. Something like [Your Name]@ownerrez.com. In order to do that though, we have to build quite a bit of email functionality around that to handle regular back-and-forth email conversations. At the moment, we only deal with incoming email as it pertains to inquiries.

The other thing we're considering is allowing you to specify the From Address on all of your outbound email. So your quotes would come from claudia@gmail.com or whatever your regular email is.

Currently, we set the Reply-To header on all guest email to your email address so that if the guest clicks Reply, the reply goes back to you.

This thread on the subject might interest you:

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/general-help/sent-email-for-quotes

-Michelle

cp9293
Jun 16, 2012 4:52 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Can you please still allow for the owner to get the email in their AOL, etc account? Or have the option to receive the email in the inbox, if other owners don't want the duplicate letter? I like to file the emails in my folders.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
Jun 18, 2012 7:47 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

I'll make sure this is noted down, but I believe that would have to be included. Not all users would want to have their email flow through our system so we'd probably need to include a forward of some kind or allow each user to turn it off.