Experience the difference of "Elite".

Expired Status

cp9293
May 25, 2012 8:42 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Hi Michele,

Below is what happens when a person wants to book, after it has expired. Just like the Preempted status, can you please add more to what comes up...

"This quote expired and is no longer available.

What does this mean?

All quotes have an expiration date. If the quote is not accepted before the expiration date, the quote is no longer valid."

Many times, people will come back, after "expired" dates, and tell me they want to book, if it is still available. Someone that would want to do that and clicks on the link, they don't know that the dates may still be available. It appears that they aren't. Plus, I would not have any idea that they even tried to book.

Thus, can the wording be more along the lines of checking the calendar to see if the dates are still available? Or, "This quote expired and is no longer available - however, the dates may still be available. Please check with owner."

I don't want to lose those people. Or... sending an alert to the owner that someone tired to book and the deal expired. At least, owners could send them a note stating that another quote will be sent (or we change the expirationg date for them to book).

You know what I mean?

Claudia

Michelle J
May 25, 2012 10:10 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Claudia,

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of sending the owner an alert when the guest tries to view the quote but hits an expired or preempted roadblock.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 25, 2012 11:44 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Great. :)

Claudia

Roseberry Cabin
Sep 24, 2022 9:52 AM
Joined Apr, 2016 19 posts

Is there a way to change the date on a quote after it has been sent?