Experience the difference of "Elite".

Quote Screen

cp9293
May 1, 2012 6:12 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Hi,

Can we please have the EXPIRED status go a behind the scenes page, until called upon? It is very confusing with all the EXPIRED, BOOKED, OPEN. I would like to just see what is outstanding. Much easier to see how the rental is going and what is important to us. The EXPIRED is "old news" and distracting. Still keep it when we want to call it up. But, otherwise, it is distracting and clutters the screen.

Most inquiries will be EXPIRED, eventually.

I know that you can just ask for OPEN status, etc. But, if we can just have the BOOKED AND OPEN show, first thing when we enter the quote screen. That is what is important to us, right?

By the way, not sure about PREEMPTED, since we could actually use that information to send out an email stating that it was booked - if an alternate date would work for them, included with the calendar. Perhaps, this will become overwhelming on the page too. I am not sure. What do you think? Or anyone else out there.

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
May 2, 2012 8:07 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

In the future, we'll be changing the quotes grid (which is the page you're talking about) so that your filter settings are persistent.

In other words, when you select criteria from the filter bar and then navigate away to another page and then come back later, your criteria will remain as it was the last time you were on the page. The page will "remember" the filter settings from the previous visit.

I believe this should fix your problem.

-Michelle

PS. Maybe you should look at the bookings grid instead? Go to the Bookings menu, click on Grid over on the right. This is a different grid than the quotes grid. The quotes grid shows quotes. The bookings grid shows bookings.

cp9293
May 3, 2012 9:54 AM

Hi Michelle,

I was thinking about the Quote Screen. I send followup letters and I need to know who is OUTSTANDING, so that I can send it to them. All the other things are just clutter, since it doesn't matter who is PREEMPTED or EXPIRED, for the above purposes. Initially coming into the screen would be a clear picture of what is still OPEN.

The PREEMPTED and EXPIRED will matter for other things, when an owner want to send a letter to the preempted ones, that "those dates are no longer available, would another date work for them?" Letter.

The first screen should be what is still the possiblilty of a booking. As time goes on, many more inquiries will come in, during the busy seasons. Having all the EXPIRED and PREEMPTED show on the screen, automatically, will have me scrolling pages and pages to see the OPEN transactions. I know that there is an option you can pick, for just OPEN. But, I am just thinking that the option to pick may be better for "Any Status", instead of "OPEN". "OPEN" should be the first page.

You know what I mean?

Perhaps clicking on the different options you want to see would be good. For example, click on OPEN and BOOKED and show only the O & B deals. If I click PREEMPTED, then it will add those on the screen. If I unclick, it will remove them. Perhaps, this isn't easy to do. I don't know how programming works.

Claudia

Paul W
May 3, 2012 10:00 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Michelle didn't mention it, but we are already planning to include the last thing Claudia mentioned: the ability to select multiple options from the various filter boxes. So instead of just being able to select any, open, booked, etc. as a *single* option, you'll be able to select a combination of them. That will allow Claudia the ability to see booked and open together. This has not yet been scheduled for development.

cp9293
May 3, 2012 10:13 AM

Great, Paul. Thank you. When you first enter the screen, will it be showing only the OPEN transactions? Or, will it just depend on what you were looking at last - even if it was yesterday?

You are all doing a fanatastic job!

Thanks,
Claudia

Michelle J
May 3, 2012 10:18 AM

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for the added thoughts and details on the quotes screen. Your insight has been very valuable.

The first change will be to make it remember the last setting you had it on. So if you set it to booked and open, it would return to that the next time you enter the page. We may also add some kind "make these filter settings my default" as well so you can persist the specific settings that you want. That was recently asked for by some other users.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 3, 2012 10:20 AM

Thank you, Michelle. Because currently, when I select OPEN and then I click on a quote, when I come back, it has all the other information again and thus have to select OPEN each time again. I could use the BACK button, but I seem to forget that. I becomes very frustrating to keep clicking OPEN.

Claudia

Michelle J
May 3, 2012 10:22 AM

What about the bookings grid?

Go here:

https://secure.ownerrez.com/bookings

Those are the actual real bookings as opposed to all the quotes. Does that give you what you need?

I guess it wouldn't because you're wanting to see opened (unaccepted) quotes too.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 3, 2012 10:31 AM

I am not sure of your question. Do you mean if it retains it and brings you back to the screen you were looking at, after you click on a booking? Yes, it retains it.

Can I ask for something on that screen?.... :)

When I look at that GRID CALENDAR screen, it would be great if it would automatically start in ARRIVAL DATE order. I know that I can click on the area for ARRIVAL DATE and it will put it in the order I am looking for. HOWEVER... it would be nice if it is in that order, from the start, since that is what the owner would be looking for, on that screen.

I assume it is in the order that it was booked, currently? Not sure, since I haven't looked at it closely.

I think what is important is what is coming due, in just one glance. :)

Claudia

Michelle J
May 3, 2012 10:33 AM

As it happens, we actually had that before the last release. The arrival date column was selected by default and we had a date filter dropbox that only showed "in the future" bookings so you saw the immediate upcoming bookings in order. We took it off and have had LOTs of complaints. It's going back on this sprint with some extra configuration options.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 3, 2012 10:34 AM

Curious as to why it was changed?

Claudia

Michelle J
May 3, 2012 10:36 AM

The dropbox had a bunch of date options such as:

In the future
In the past
This year
Last year
etc...

And a bunch of users said that it was confusing because they wanted to see ALL bookings. So we dropped the date filter all together. What we SHOULD have done (and are now doing) is simply have an "Any date" option.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 3, 2012 10:48 AM

"ANY DATE"? Not sure what "any date" brings. Would that mean that I would enter any date, and it will show from that date forward?

Claudia

Michelle J
May 3, 2012 10:59 AM

The filter is:

Arriving: | -- select -- |

So you're picking when the arrival date happened (in the future, in the past, this year, last year, or ANY time)

Any date will return all bookings from the beginning of time. Or put differently, it will not filter out any bookings from the grid based on the arrival date.

-Michelle

Michelle J
May 3, 2012 11:00 AM

You can see a picture of on our features page. Go here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/features/bookings

Scroll down and look for the picture under "Understand where your bookings are"

That's the way it used to look before this past release.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 3, 2012 11:33 AM

Got it. So you will put the same or "Custom" or "ANY DATE" which would be essencially, the same as CUSTOM.

Claudia