Experience the difference of "Elite".

Owner Notification Email

cp9293
May 1, 2012 6:07 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Hi,

Not sure if we spoke about this. Again, so much information to process. Can we have the same email sent to the customer, sent to us, when he books the rental? A lot of information on that email. Instead of us having to click on the link and still get a fraction of the information.

This wouldn't be too much of a change, would it, since the form is already there?

Thanks~!
Claudia

Michelle J
May 2, 2012 9:46 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Got the suggestion, not sure if we could commit to that though. The email form is straightforward - as you pointed out, it's already built - but it's a configuration issue.

Obviously, we couldn't just change the current process to start sending both emails (the guest's email and the owner's email) to the owner for everyone. We'd have to include some configuration options so each owner could specify if they wanted that. I've never heard it mentioned or requested before so I don't think it's highly desired.

It may be better to meet this need by making the owner's email configurable with fields and tags. That way you could specify what exactly you wanted in the owner's email.

-Michelle

cp9293
May 2, 2012 9:54 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Can it be something that would be checked too - like the "SEND ME A COPY TOO". Would that be easier or just as hard?..

To:

Michelle J
May 2, 2012 9:59 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

If it was an email you send manually, we would definitely add the 'Send Me A Copy' checkbox. The problem is that it's an automatic email based on an event.

So we'd have to have a setting somewhere that allows you to specify "always send me a copy of the booking confirmation email".

We generally don't like stapling in quick settings for things like that. Over time, it tends to make the design cluttered and chaotic.

I'm sure we'll figure it out though,

-Michelle