Experience the difference of "Elite".

Integration with Mailchimp
(page 1 )

thegmann
Feb 23, 2012 2:36 AM
Joined Feb, 2012 17 posts

Integrate with Mailchimp so that autoresponders can be started based on different criteria. Track leads and lead sources, and income from those individual lead sources.

Michelle J
Feb 23, 2012 10:05 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi thegmann,

We've been asked about integration with newsletter vendors before (like Mailchimp). It's a great idea, but we haven't added it to the dev roadmap yet because there are a number of things that would have to be built first. Our email/CRM overhaul needs to happen so that "contacts" are more entity independent from bookings, quotes and inquiries.

That being said, we understand how very important integration is in the Web 2.0 world. We were one of the first software packages to integrate with HomeAwayConnect calendar, for instance, and we're the only one I know of that updates it in near real time. Same with FlipKey.

As far as tracking leads and sources, that is very near and dear to our hearts. At the moment, we haven't released our reporting features yet, but that's something that's very important. We've consumed and tracked thousands of inquiries since we released our Inquiry section and we're really itching to show what listing sites do the best and which book well.

-Michelle

thegmann
Feb 23, 2012 5:02 PM
Joined Feb, 2012 17 posts

If you want to integrate with a system that is probably easy to integrate with, and would take care of all CRM and email marketing, as well as look great, I recommend that you take a look at guestfolio. I'm considering an email-parsing integration between ownerreservation and guestfolio, though I wish it was more direct! It allows automated email marketing, ROI reporting, and takes care of e-concierge services as well as transactional emails.

Michelle J
Feb 24, 2012 8:47 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Good morning,

Thanks for the reference to guestfolio. I've never heard of them before. If they have an API, that's definitely a possibility for future integration.

-Michelle

Sloanish
Aug 29, 2018 4:34 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

Has this been done?
We have that Contact 7 form and a Widget with Ownerrez that is supposed to handle reservations and quotes.
And we also have Mailchimp which is what I use for my mailing list - I have 580 names on that.
On our website and in our Social Conversions we would ideally use one form that adds people to Mailchimp AND routes the inquiry to ownerrez.
Automation - a wonderful thing.
Please update this topic if it exists or doesn't.

Chris Hynes
Aug 31, 2018 1:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We don't have direct integration with MailChimp.

Instead, use the Email List report in the Reports section to dump all of the data from OwnerRez and import that into Mailchimp or any other email tool.

Sharfunnisa Q
Jan 16, 2019 8:04 PM
Joined Jul, 2018 15 posts

i came here looking for this too. Not really an issue with guests who have requested a quote etc..however what about visitors and paid traffic that i send to the site..they hang out there and then probably browse and leave. I was hoping there is a solution to capture their emails? is there a way to do it, if not mail chimp? thanks

Chris Hynes said:

We don't have direct integration with MailChimp.

Instead, use the Email List report in the Reports section to dump all of the data from OwnerRez and import that into Mailchimp or any other email tool.

Chris Hynes
Jan 16, 2019 8:32 PM

If you're using MailChimp, you can use their form tool to make a capture form and embed that on the site: https://mailchimp.com/features/custom-forms/

There are many other similar tools if you use other emailing systems.

Sloanish
Jan 17, 2019 9:16 AM

Beat practce would be One form that funnels to both owner Rez and Mailchimp.
It would save us the export import steps.

Chris Hynes
Jan 17, 2019 10:30 AM

Typically, best practice is to segment your list so you can target marketing. Somebody who signs up for your newsletter should be tagged differently than someone that has inquired or booked through OwnerRez, not blended together.

Sharfunnisa Q
Jan 17, 2019 1:59 PM
Joined Jul, 2018 15 posts

Great Ideas Chris. I agree with your point about segmenting the list properly.

Sloanish
Jan 17, 2019 3:04 PM

Mailchimp supports updating customers so I suppose you could update the existing records in MailChimp with new info.
Someone signing up without dates could be labeled news
with dates inquiry
with booking tenant etc.
It would be great if OR could autofeed that funnel so that the manual work of updating would work.
I just thought it might be nice to not have two signup forms on one website. I am not sure of anyone that does that.
Maybe this sort of tech is beyond reach but making things automatic and seamless should be the goal and dealing with non-automatic systems that require manual export import each time a mailing is done is a drag.
As for segmenting I generally want anyone that has touched my property to know my news etc.. I might A-B them different campaigns but they would get the same message.

Paul W
Jan 20, 2019 10:05 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

MailChimp has a full API so it's possible for us to keep lists updated on that side too (ie. as bookings/guests change in OR) but it's just not something that we've had time to do. The problem is also that MailChimp isn't the only newsletter tool out there - there are zillions of them - and MailChimp has gotten expensive for small businesses in recent years.

Palms at Young C
Oct 17, 2019 1:46 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 2 posts

Hey I'm trying to embed the mailchimp html code into our ownerrez site but don't see where to embed it? If I create a widget, it only allows widgets specific to bookings, calendars, etc. Do I embed the html code into these widgets? Or can I make my own that is just the mailchimp newsletter signup box and put that widget on our ownerrez site?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Oct 18, 2019 3:49 PM

To embed HTML code, go to the page you want to place it on, click the <> (code) button, and then paste it in the code box.

Frank R
Oct 28, 2019 1:56 AM
Joined Oct, 2019 1 post

Thanks for this.

Garrett M
Jul 5, 2020 3:59 PM
Joined Apr, 2020 1 post

Is there a way that I can add my MailChimp or Canva newsletter templates to the "email template" section in ownerrez? Or make it so my triggers are linked to mailchimp?

Sloanish
May 4, 2021 12:15 PM

MC is expensive but it is the most popular.
Start your integration there first (the market leader) and then add others as necessary.

BlueMtnCabins
May 24, 2021 3:47 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Chris Hynes said:

Typically, best practice is to segment your list so you can target marketing. Somebody who signs up for your newsletter should be tagged differently than someone that has inquired or booked through OwnerRez, not blended together.

why? I am not sure what would be the difference?

Chris Hynes
May 24, 2021 4:02 PM

You want to segment your mailing list so you can target newsletters to a specific audience. Content that applies to a specific audience will get better response than general content blasted to everyone.

You may either send completely different newsletters to somebody who inquired and didn't book, vs those that booked.

Or you might send the same newsletter, but use some logic fields to reference when they stayed, or inquired, etc. to make the message personalized to their situation.