Experience the difference of "Elite".

Extra information for booking

AnaRita
Feb 19, 2012 9:44 AM
Joined Apr, 2011 5 posts

For every booking, I need to register some extra info:
- check-in hour
- bed arrangement
- guest's mobile number (if they are bringing one)
This info is then passed to a 3rd party, the housekeeper. Right now, I write this information on a google calendar that I share with the housekeeper (I also include the balance value, as it is collected at check-in). It would be nice to have somewhere to take note of it in ownerreservations.

Michelle J
Feb 20, 2012 8:49 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Another great request, AnaRita.

We do have a 'notes' feature that is going to be in development soon. This will allow you to record that kind of information.

-Michelle

Elizabeth
Jul 16, 2013 12:10 AM
Joined Jul, 2013 2 posts

Can I ask since it is now a year later, what is the status on this "Notes" feature so that we can add Notes to our guests' bookings? (Honeymoon stay, cell phone, etc.). We need a place to enter this information for each booking.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Chris Hynes
Jul 16, 2013 12:33 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You can approximate this now by creating a custom field for Booking called Notes (https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/custom-fields-expanded-to-work-with-bookings). If you follow the directions there and add a rich text field, you'll see an editable field under the Custom Fields tab for each booking.

Our more full featured notes feature that manages flowing notes through from inquiry -> quote -> booking should be released in the next month or so.

Elizabeth
Jul 16, 2013 12:50 AM
Joined Jul, 2013 2 posts

Thank you very much Chris,

I followed your instructions and created a Custom Field to store this information for a particular booking. One thing I need to add to this new Custom Field is the Guest Mailing Address.

How can we require the Guest Mailing Address as part of the quote/booking process? We must ask for the Guest Address up front for our rentals, for deposit return situations and for legal protection for us as vacation rental owners.

Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth

Michelle J
Jul 16, 2013 8:14 AM

Hi Elizabeth,

Because our system relies so much on credit card payments, we haven't exposed an address or phone field on the booking itself. Both the address and phone are on the PAYMENT for a booking. In other words, if you were to open a booking that had payments, you could click Payments and then view a payment and you'd see the address/phone that they submitted with the credit card payment.

However, it is very true that for check-paying guests, this is awkward since you need an address but there isn't one exposed.

We've had a to-do to add (and require) address and phone during the quote acceptance process - right up front before they sign the renter agreement page - but we never scheduled it for development. I will ask the dev team to make that a higher priority.

I know the Notes feature is coming very soon. That went into active development already.

Hope this helps,

-Michelle

Jon C
Jul 19, 2013 8:57 AM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

Hi
This is a very nice new feature (property and booking custom fields). I thought that I'd be able to use this to help us with a problem that has recently come up, but not sure if it will.

When a customer requests a quote, they specify the number of adults, kids and pets. That is what we agree on when we create a booking & quote. Our contract stipulates a "generic" max number of guests at our property - 7. We want the Legal contract that the renter signs to indicate the specific number of guests that were specified in the quote, but cannot find a way to do this.

I thought that perhaps we could create a custom field for the booking, and then add this to the legal document, however it does not seem like custom fields we add are available in the legal contract. Is that the case or am I missing something?

Thanks

Insights Group
Mar 30, 2016 12:38 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 1 post

Hi Chris & Developing Team

I would like to be able to add a channel that is not in your listing when creating a booking. For example, a pull down screen shows a list of channels that are not relevant to me.

Michelle J
Mar 30, 2016 6:56 AM

Hi Insights Group,

You can certainly do that! Look under Settings > Listing Sites. On the right side, you can add custom ones (such as your own personal website).

-Michelle