Experience the difference of "Elite".

Coupon Code?

Mason
Sep 19, 2011 12:20 PM
Joined Sep, 2011 1 post

I've just started and I'm new to this but haven't seen anything for coupon code entry for offering discounts on renatls.

We want to have a property listing that caters for all including our friends and family. We want to be able to offer our family a discounted stay but keep it on the books so to speak. Is there a way to configure a discount code to give to family members so that they can make their arrangements online as normal and apply a discount on the regular rates?

The generated quote would state code and renters name for confirmation prior to going out to renter of course.

Is this a reasonable way to deal with this or am i out to lunch? Let me know if there is abetter way to deal with this?

Regards
Paul

Michelle J
Sep 19, 2011 1:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Paul,

Currently, there is no way to automatically distribute and accept coupon codes through the current quoting system. We do have that listed on the development roadmap, but it hasn't been implemented yet.

When generating quotes, you would need to manually add a line item with a negative amount for the guest.

Michelle

Ella
May 2, 2018 6:06 PM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Hello,
I'm sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to offer coupon codes to guests (such as repeat customers) that they can enter and use when paying a quote?
Thank you,
Ella

Greg S
May 31, 2018 1:48 PM
Joined Mar, 2018 17 posts

Ditto. I was just about to send out a promotional email to my past guests and was wondering if there is a coupon code feature to implement on the inquiry/booking form. Has this feature been implemented and I simply can't find it?

For example, I'm offering 10% off for return guests, so would like to create a coupon code that applies 10% off the nightly rate.

Chris Hynes
Jun 4, 2018 6:29 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

No, it's not implemented yet :-( Still a manual process. We have it on the dev list.

K&T
Jan 15, 2019 11:28 AM
Joined Jun, 2018 4 posts

We are also interested in this, and would appreciate a heads up once the feature is available.

We just want to be able to offer discount coupons as promos or individually, and then allow bookers to redeem by entering the code in a field when checking out through OR.

cp9293
Jan 16, 2019 10:29 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

I would like this also. :)

Misty T
Feb 9, 2019 1:38 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 9 posts

I would love to see a coupon code option!

Michele W
Feb 15, 2019 3:40 PM
Joined Sep, 2018 47 posts

Coupon code option would be great! and HUGE addition to the tools we have to market our own properties. It appears this has been on the request list for a long time. It would need to be applicable during the "booking" process to be used on in a widget on a website would be perfect.

Sherry S
Aug 16, 2019 9:27 AM
Joined May, 2018 3 posts

We were trying to figure out how to give our guests a coupon for a third night's rental... is this still on the list of things to implement?

Chris Hynes
Aug 16, 2019 9:55 AM

Yep, still on the list and getting closer :-)

Right now you can either have them ask in an inquiry and apply the discount. Or you could do this with a landing page and a special widget:

a) Go to Settings > Channel Connections and create a custom source, like "my friendly discount"
b) Go to Settings > Widgets and create a book now widget. Set it's listing site to the source you created in (a) and create a hidden page with that widget on it.
c) Go to Settings > Surcharges & Discounts and create a discount with a listing site criteria that only applies to the source you created in (a)

That will auto apply that discount to anybody booking through that page -- then you just share that link with guests to make the booking.

Lydia B
Aug 18, 2019 1:00 AM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

I understand you're working on this for other sites, but what about a personal website thru OR? Maybe you could start with OR hosted sites? Hahahaaa! How selfish was that?!?

Chris Hynes
Aug 19, 2019 10:42 AM

A little birdy told me that we're looking into an initial version of discount codes, hopefully will be very soon!

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 19, 2019 11:16 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Chris Hynes said:

A little birdy told me that we're looking into an initial version of discount codes, hopefully will be very soon!

yay!

Michele W
Aug 19, 2019 11:29 AM
Joined Sep, 2018 47 posts

Yeeeeeeesssssssss! Just as I have gotten a new email marketing system up and running!

Ken T
Oct 22, 2019 11:54 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Finally got this feature released! Read more:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/discount-codes

cp9293
Oct 22, 2019 12:04 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Perfect! Thank you!

Can we have it for multiple discount codes? Or, just one at a time?

Claudia

Ken T
Oct 22, 2019 12:07 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

You can have more than one discount code. Remember that guests can only use one, and discounts of different types don't stack.