Experience the difference of "Elite".

Multi-currency, multilingual, alternative payment methods

AnaRita
Sep 14, 2011 7:22 AM
Joined Apr, 2011 5 posts

I've now tried a dozen different vacation rental softwares and OwnerReservations is at the top of my list (simple and fast UI, close to perfect workflow). This is what I miss for it to work for me:
- Multi-currency (I use Euros)
- Multilingual emails, quotes and booking forms (french, spanish and portuguese)
- Alternative payment methods for deposit and balance (money transfer, cash on arrival)
- Security deposit in cash on arrival
Thank you,
Ana Rita

Michelle J
Sep 14, 2011 8:07 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Ana,

Thanks for your kind words. Our developers have worked VERY hard to make the UI as fast, simple and clean as possible. We have a long way to go - our dev roadmap has more than 300 items on it.

Every single thing you mentioned is already on our roadmap, particularly the language and currency options.

You can already accept check or cash payments manually in the system right now (as you may already know). You could also create bookings manually and then accept the deposit as check or cash manually.

In a few weeks, we will be beginning work on an overhaul that allows owners to be check or cash ONLY. In other words, you won't have to have a merchant account to use the system. You can have guests accept quotes and send checks or cash instead. Security deposits and scheduled payments will be reminder emails instead of auto-credit-card transactions.

Our biggest frustration is that we cannot move as fast as we would like to.

Thanks for your patience,

Michelle

AnaRita
Oct 17, 2011 9:06 AM
Joined Apr, 2011 5 posts

Just a note to offer my help with the portuguese (European) translation when you're ready.
Kind regards,
Ana Rita

AnaRita
Mar 11, 2013 8:42 AM
Joined Apr, 2011 5 posts

Is multi-currency any close on the road map?
Thank you,
Ana Rita

Devin B.
Mar 12, 2013 1:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Feb, 2013 26 posts

Hi Ana Rita,

Multi-currency is on our to do list, but we don't have it in the near-term development pile yet. We'll keep you informed of any status changes on this.

Thanks for being patient,

-Devin

Jon C
Mar 17, 2013 7:44 PM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

Michelle J said:

Hi Ana,

In a few weeks, we will be beginning work on an overhaul that allows owners to be check or cash ONLY. In other words, you won't have to have a merchant account to use the system. You can have guests accept quotes and send checks or cash instead. Security deposits and scheduled payments will be reminder emails instead of auto-credit-card transactions.

Our biggest frustration is that we cannot move as fast as we would like to.

Is this still in the works? I asked about security deposit via checks recently and was told this couldn't be done (at least not without some work-arounds).

Michelle J
Mar 18, 2013 7:32 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Jon,

You can collect payments as check, but security deposits are still credit card only. There is a To-Do for adding check support, but it has still not been scheduled for development.

The workaround is to ignore the security deposit feature and add extra charges for the security deposit which are collected as regular payments. Then, after the booking, refund the security deposit as a regular refund.

Jon C
Mar 18, 2013 9:55 AM
Joined Jan, 2013 24 posts

Hi Michelle,
Thanks - and last night while transferring over some sample bookings, I think that's what we found we could do. We did two bookings that have already paid so we could work through the entire exercise (or a lot of it):

1. Add a $200 security deposit as a surcharge to the initial booking.
2. Record payments as we normally would - so all payments received including deposit.
3. Remove the security deposit from the charges.
4. Now we have an "overpayment" by the security deposit amount which we can refund manually with a check.

I think that works at least..it seems like in general the system is flexible enough that we can make things work via workarounds until we migrate to a new rental process that is more in line with how this site works.