Experience the difference of "Elite".

Reports

Angie
Jul 23, 2011 4:26 PM
Joined Jul, 2011 1 post

Will this software ultimately allow for year end or season end reports? I haven't gone live with this yet so maybe they come after you have something to report.

While I like your software so far, I can see myself moving toward something that exports to Quickbooks or another accounting software.

I am shopping vacation software packages and I wandered into your site. I am probably the sort of small business owner that you are trying to serve.

I have five vacation/executive rentals in the Phoenix area. I grew pretty quick so the reservations, booking inquiries etc are overwhelming. I am trying to get a tax system together while I am simultaneously trying to run my places.

This is not my full time job; because I am out of town 2-3 nights each week
I value the web based idea. Without being able to export to an accounting program I would probably be interested in a simple pay per booking.

Thanks,
IsabellaHouseRentals

Michelle J
Jul 25, 2011 9:17 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Angie,

Thanks for your questions.

Angie said:

Will this software ultimately allow for year end or season end reports? I haven't gone live with this yet so maybe they come after you have something to report.

Yes, but we don't have those reports in the system right now. So far, we've been concentrating on the core payment/security deposit system and all the emails, agreements, etc surrounding that.

We do very much care about analytics (without it, what would be the point of storing data?) but haven't been able to prepare those reports yet.

Other than tax and year-end reports, these are the kinds of questions we'd like to be able to answer with simple, beautiful screens:

https://www.ownerrez.com/features/reporting

Angie said:

While I like your software so far, I can see myself moving toward something that exports to Quickbooks or another accounting software.

This is another very high priority to us. We have been asked about this quite a bit and have spent time researching the steps to take to support this.

Question - do you use the Quickbooks desktop version or the online version? We're planning on supporting the online version first since it's easier to integrate with.

Angie said:

I have five vacation/executive rentals in the Phoenix area. I grew pretty quick so the reservations, booking inquiries etc are overwhelming.

Yes, you are - without question - our target customer. Our target customer has 1 - 5 properties and needs automated tools to make the inquiry/quote process easier, track data and have a solid payment/security deposit process that is easy and intuitive.

We're getting ready to release inquiry management that will intercept emails from VRBO, HomeAway, FlipKey and others and automatically parse out data from them, track the listing sites, and make answering much easier.

Our pricing, once released, will probably be $10 per booking. That is more or less the figure that we've settled on for those that use their own payment processing gateway. As always, those that use our merchant processing, will pay $0 for the software.

Hopes this helps,

Michelle