Experience the difference of "Elite".

Owner Statement - owner with multiple properties expenses question

Katie K
Nov 17, 2021 6:05 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 19 posts

We have several owners that own 3 or 4 properties with us.

In making Owner Statements, it seems that the Bookings Income - Expenses all total up as one amount per owner, instead of per property.

Is there a way to set it up so that each individual property's Expenses display directly underneath the property Bookings Income with the Total Income less Expenses shown per property, instead of those totals shown per owner? That way the owners can see the total income less expenses at a glance per property.

Thank you

Pam M
Nov 18, 2021 12:09 PM
Joined Oct, 2021 2 posts

Yes, I need this also

Ken T
Nov 18, 2021 12:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Expenses can also group by property if you have the Group By Property setting turned on. And, under Expenses, each property will group its expenses together with a total.

Katie K
Nov 18, 2021 1:15 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 19 posts

I have a custom Owner Statement set up that I am using. When filling the settings in for that, I checked Group By Property.

For an example, I have an owner with three properties and the Bookings Totals display individually for the three properties at the top, and then at the bottom the three expenses are grouped per house. But it doesnt show the total income of Booking Income - Expenses per property.

Just wondering if there is a way to organize it that way instead. Is there another place I could find the Group By Property setting?

Thank you for your help!

Paul W
Nov 19, 2021 1:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Katie, currently there isn't a way (on the statement) to see the profit (income - expense) per property.

Alana A
Jan 10, 2022 11:06 PM
Joined Oct, 2021 6 posts

Owners must treat each property as a separate entity and must have clear accounting for each. We are required by state real estate commission to supply a total for each separate property.  Can we please request this subtotal by property to be added soon?