Experience the difference of "Elite".

Trigger for a booking less than 1 week away

Susan
Oct 16, 2021 3:20 AM
Joined Sep, 2021 6 posts

I have a template that sends door code and other information 1 week prior to arrival, however that should only be sent once the rental agreement has been signed. If someone books less than 1 week away, what happens to this email, do I need to send it manually once they sign? Or is there a way to set it up to send as soon as they sign renter agreement?

Ken T
Oct 18, 2021 11:03 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

In the trigger, select the option "Try to send a missed trigger up until the booking has arrived." That should resolve the problem for all except extreme last-minute bookings.

Chris L
Oct 18, 2021 1:45 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

You should see my triggers. I have 31 of them to cover all of the potential combinations. :)

I have two separate triggers for this:

-Send Welcome Email 7 days before arrival IF RA is signed and deposit scheduled
-Send Welcome Email WHEN RA is signed IF arrival date is less than or equal to 7 days from now

That covers both situations, although there's a brief overlap where if someone signs the RA in the early morning 7 days before arrival, they may get the email when they sign and again at the time my trigger is scheduled to fire later that same day.

I also have the same email scheduled to go out 1 day before arrival just as a reminder and so it's closer to the top of their inbox for their arrival. It also helps to catch any issues where it might not have gotten sent earlier.

Jaime T
Apr 3, 2022 8:55 PM
Joined Mar, 2022 4 posts

In the trigger, select the option "Try to send a missed trigger up until the booking has arrived." That should resolve the problem for all except extreme last-minute bookings.

by Ken T – Oct 18, 2021 3:03 PM (UTC)

Today, I had a booking come in at about 530pm for the same day check-in and I don't know how to manage sending them the check-in instructions on a trigger in this example...is there a way?

Thanks,

Jaime

Chris L
Apr 7, 2022 2:20 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

by Ken T – Oct 18, 2021 3:03 PM (UTC)

Today, I had a booking come in at about 530pm for the same day check-in and I don't know how to manage sending them the check-in instructions on a trigger in this example...is there a way?

Thanks,

Jaime

by Jaime T – Apr 4, 2022 12:55 AM (UTC)

If you make the trigger as Ken indicated, then it will try to send it every hour at the top of the hour. So there will be a short delay if the guest signs the RA at 2:09pm, they won't get the follow-up from you until 3:00pm, but it will eventually go out.