Experience the difference of "Elite".

Calendar imports/exports for Airbnb not working

Melissa N
Sep 23, 2021 9:13 PM
Joined May, 2021 1 post

I did the ical import and exports to VRBO and Airbnb and did the testing as they suggested before going full API. I am having trouble with bookings made in VRBO showing up to Airbnb calendar and also time blocks made in ownerrez showing up on Airbnb's calendar. So, I deleted my original links for the calendars and started over. It worked...but then when I tried it again with another booking and time block, it is not showing. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Ken T
Sep 24, 2021 12:10 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Note that, by the nature of the rather old technology involved, iCal calendar syncs are quite slow. They don't sync up immediately when a new event is added - they can take as long as a few hours. This is unfortunately normal, and why we recommend using API connections whenever possible.

Bernard C
Sep 21, 2022 8:16 AM
Joined Jul, 2021 11 posts

Maybe not linked to VRBO, I just noticed that the only calendar import from Airbnb I have is no longer working, after months of being OK. I tried validating 2 or 3 Airbnb icals and get this list of issues:

1. Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence near line # 1Reference: RFC 5545 3.1. Content Lines
  2. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 5Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  3. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 11Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  4. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 17Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  5. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 23Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  6. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 29Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  7. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 35Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component

Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks to advise

Joel P
Sep 22, 2022 2:51 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

Airbnb had an issue with their iCals yesterday which should now be fixed. Try reactivating your Airbnb iCal import if you need it.

Regarding the validation, unfortunately, this is what we usually see in most iCal implementations. One of the many reasons we recommend using our API integration instead of iCal import.

Bernard C
Sep 23, 2022 1:06 AM
Joined Jul, 2021 11 posts

Hi Joel,

Thank-you for the information. FYI I use API integration but in that case it is the owner advertising his property on Airbnb and I'm taking updates from there.

Regards

Bernard