Experience the difference of "Elite".

run reports to see historical payment info from disabled properties

Katie K
Aug 31, 2021 4:27 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 19 posts

Is there a way to run any reports so that we can see past payments from disabled properties?

I would like to see at a glance in reports how much we made last year in Total Payouts for all properties, but because several of the properties we managed during that time are now disabled, I don't see the income they generated in the total.

Is there a way to see this?

Thank you

Alanna Miel
Dec 4, 2021 11:22 AM
Joined Nov, 2020 12 posts

Please! This is such a huge bug to fix! PMs need to be able to quickly show their annual revenue without re-enabling properties. It is both a waste of time and a stress to have to do so. This should be a simple fix. Please, please!

Misty T
Dec 18, 2021 5:08 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 9 posts

Any answers on this? I just disabled a property due to selling it but didn’t run any reports before doing so.

Ken T
Dec 18, 2021 6:51 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1531 posts

I don't think it's likely that this will be changed in the near future, but as pointed out previously, you can always re-enable to property to get whatever data you need. It's not deleted, just hidden.

Lorraine W
Jan 22, 2022 1:19 PM
Joined Mar, 2021 8 posts

This would be a huge help to us. Not only for reporting but also to be able to see historical bookings when we don't have the guest name (as we no longer have access to the channels)

Chris L
Mar 7, 2022 2:16 PM
Joined May, 2017 200 posts

A few months ago, we sold off some of our properties, and now I'm understanding why this is an issue people are complaining about.

I keep running reports to analyze last year's performance of all my properties (I'll often do this when talking with a potential new client so I can show them what they might be able to expect as far as revenue/occupancy/etc.), but now my report data is hobbled because several of the properties I'd show them data for are now missing.

It would certainly be nice if OR could handle this more gracefully--perhaps add an option in the various reports to "include disabled properties."

Matt K
May 9, 2022 11:20 AM
Joined Dec, 2020 20 posts

We would love to see this too. Why couldn't the properties be listed in the property drop down list as a an option? The value of good reports is immense.

Tarkan C
Aug 13, 2022 4:37 AM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

Agree with the others, when a property is disabled, there should be a possibility to be able to get the data into the reports.

Karen H
Nov 29, 2022 7:15 AM
Joined Jan, 2021 7 posts

We're in the same boat.  Sold two properties and would like to run historical reports.  Is this on a list for a future update?

Ken T
Nov 29, 2022 10:56 AM

As has been pointed out multiple times, no update is necessary - in order to see the data from disabled properties, all you have to do is temporarily re-enable them, and it will all reappear.

This is a courtesy to allow you to do this without charge for the additional property, so long as you disable it again before your next billing day.  If disabled properties were fully functional like enabled ones, then it would be necessary to charge for them, which would kind of defeat the point of having the disable feature.

Tarkan C
Nov 29, 2022 2:03 PM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

Thank you for the workaround you suggest but this is very inconvenient for handling data from disabled properties.  I believe you have to do something about this...

Matt K
Dec 13, 2022 1:04 PM

This response is udder BS. The customers are telling OwnerRez what would make the software better and more valuable and the dismissive response should be embarrassing to this company. There is a valid reason why ppl want and expect this feature. Every software (whether for short term or long term rentals) that I have ever used has had this basic function. OwnerRez just seems obstinate and indignant to the thought of this needing to change and appears to devalue our time and efforts by not addressing this. You might want to start paying attention to the ppl who pay to keep you afloat.

Gaslighting your customers into believing that you are graciously allowing them to access historical data for their properties as a "courtesy" is a bad look and could be an example of the indignant indifference directed towards us users.

Lastly, as far as I can tell from all the comments, NO ONE IS ASKING FOR THE PROPERTIES TO FULLY FUNCTIONAL AT NO COST! You would be right to expect ppl to pay for such benefit but that is not what we want! Having easy access to data is totally different from asking to have all the benefits of a fully functional listing for free. Equivocating the two is your mistake.

BTW. IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE TO GET FULL SERVICES FOR FREE, JUST USE THE WORK AROUND THAT THEY PROVIDE HERE. LEAVE THE PROPERTIES SET TO ACTIVE EVERYDAY AND JUST CHANGE IT TO DISABLED ON THE BILLING DATE AND YOU WONT BE CHARGED FOR THE MONTH. AHHH! THIS WORK AROUND HAS TRULY BECOME A "COURTESY" NOW HASN'T IT?

Bill M
Mar 1, 2023 11:12 PM
Joined Jun, 2019 6 posts

Could this be turned into an official feature request? 

CWV
Mar 19, 2024 4:18 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 59 posts

I appreciate honesty but find Ken's response unhelpful. 

As a property manager with frequent property changes, reports for historical data are crucial.

The suggested workaround is simplistic. It requires a manual record check of which properties were active for a given year since there is no report for this data either, property reactivation, calendar blocking to prevent future bookings, report generation, and deactivation. Estimated time for just 5 properties within a particular year would take about 7 hours away from a day of work- a significant time investment.

This process of re-enabling, blocking calendars, and disabling properties just to see historical reports is cumbersome, ridiculous, inefficient, and unreasonable.

Data shouldn't be hidden. The data belongs to the user and should be readily available, not "held hostage."

Chris L
Mar 29, 2024 6:38 PM
Joined May, 2017 200 posts

As a property manager with frequent property changes, reports for historical data are crucial.

The suggested workaround is simplistic. It requires a manual record check of which properties were active for a given year since there is no report for this data either, property reactivation, calendar blocking to prevent future bookings, report generation, and deactivation. Estimated time for just 5 properties within a particular year would take about 7 hours away from a day of work- a significant time investment.

This process of re-enabling, blocking calendars, and disabling properties just to see historical reports is cumbersome, ridiculous, inefficient, and unreasonable.

Data shouldn't be hidden. The data belongs to the user and should be readily available, not "held hostage."

by CWV – Mar 19, 2024 8:18 PM (UTC)

100% agree. I just got off an hour-long phone call with one of my clients who was looking to buy another property in town. I had to go into my old properties and re-enable two of them so I could run comparable reports for him for other properties I managed in the two developments he was looking at. Doable, but very cumbersome, and also annoying that for the duration of my hour-long phone call, those properties showed as listed on my hosted website.

And I had to run reports on both properties for several different years to try to figure out which years I had managed them (turns out one was in 2021, the other was in 2022).

Definitely did not make me look very professional to my client and did not present a good look to anyone browsing my website at the time. OR can and should do better here.

CWV
Mar 29, 2024 7:05 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 59 posts

by CWV – Mar 19, 2024 8:18 PM (UTC)

100% agree. I just got off an hour-long phone call with one of my clients who was looking to buy another property in town. I had to go into my old properties and re-enable two of them so I could run comparable reports for him for other properties I managed in the two developments he was looking at. Doable, but very cumbersome, and also annoying that for the duration of my hour-long phone call, those properties showed as listed on my hosted website.

And I had to run reports on both properties for several different years to try to figure out which years I had managed them (turns out one was in 2021, the other was in 2022).

Definitely did not make me look very professional to my client and did not present a good look to anyone browsing my website at the time. OR can and should do better here.

by Chris L – Mar 29, 2024 10:38 PM (UTC)

Chris, I had about 20 properties that I had to reenable.  I decided to deactive my hosted website while the properties were being reenabled so they wouldn't get booked. This turned out to be easier than blocking the calendar for each one.  It was still unprofessional and I got about 3 phone calls during that time about the site being down :(

Ken T
Mar 29, 2024 9:20 PM

Disabling properties is always optional - if you expect to need to regularly review their statistics on an ongoing basis, or for some period of time into the future, you can simply leave them enabled as long as you like and have full functionality for as long as needed.

Each Hosted Website, as well as each Widget, has the ability to specifically control which properties are included on it.  This record remains even if a property is disabled.  So, if you plan to disable a property but anticipate that you may need to re-enable it at some point in the future, you can configure your Hosted Website and/or Widgets to exclude that property (or, alternatively, to only include specific designated properties).  Of course, disabled properties do not appear in any Hosted Website or Widgets, but, if they have been excluded or are otherwise not included there, even if you re-enable them they still won't appear.

Matt K
Mar 30, 2024 11:09 AM

Read the room Ken....

Matt K
Mar 30, 2024 12:41 PM

I want to suggest that if anyone commenting on, or reading this, go to forums>feature requests and up vote and comment on the feature requests related to reporting. (Ken, you should have recommended this as soon as ppl were making a call to action request.)

There is one regarding custom reports that is currently tagged as "planned" and would be a great opportunity to integrate our suggested change. 

I will try to link this thread in the comments of each feature request referring to custom reporting.

Ken T
Apr 2, 2024 12:32 PM