Experience the difference of "Elite".

Length of Stay Discounts

Dewey Getaway
Aug 29, 2021 10:53 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

I find the rates editors in OwnerRez to be the most confusing thing about the software. I much prefer Houfy's or even (gasp) VRBO's editor because they allow you to set a flat rate for a weekly rate (Houfy) or percentage of weekly or monthly discount per rate period/season (VRBO). Is there any way to do either of these in OwnerRez? My LOS discount per week varies depending on the season and right now I can't figure out any way to do that. Please help. I really want to finish my VRBO API integration but can't until I get these darned rates sorted out and then tested. Thanks!

Ken T
Aug 30, 2021 10:32 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1551 posts

In OwnerRez, Discounts can be applied to specific Seasons. That should do what it sounds like you need?

Dewey Getaway
Aug 30, 2021 11:04 AM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

Thanks. Can I create separate discounts for different seasons? How do I do that, by excluding all other seasons that don’t use the discount? Or is there another way? There’s no way to set that up in the seasonal rate settings themselves? It’s cumbersome and just inviting errors when changing/updating rates.

Ken T
Aug 30, 2021 11:36 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1551 posts

In the Discount itself, you can set what specific Seasons it does (or does not) apply to.