Experience the difference of "Elite".

HELP! VRBO cancelation and refund problem

JLB Properties
Aug 20, 2021 8:07 AM
Joined Nov, 2020 15 posts

Had a guest book late last night on VRBO and I had to cancel the reservation this morning (reason not important). I followed the steps of adding a 100% "cancellation credit" to the charges, and then canceled the booking in OR. Now when I go to transactions to issue the refund on the card I get an error saying "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit." Anyone seen this and know what I need to do to?

Ken T
Aug 20, 2021 10:20 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1548 posts

Most likely, that payment has not yet cleared the processor and cannot be refunded - it should instead be voided. This is better anyway since it'll save you the transactions fees.

Russell C
Jul 18, 2023 9:15 AM
Joined Oct, 2020 1 post

Hello. Guest was given a small discount when booking through VRBO. (They booked last night). This morning, when I went to issue the refund, I'm getting this error: "The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit." I've issued refunds in this situation before, but have not had an issue. Am I getting this error, because they just booked and I need to wait a little more time before I issue the refund? 

Thank you. 

Ken T
Jul 18, 2023 9:55 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1548 posts

Most likely, that payment has not yet cleared the processor and cannot be refunded - it should instead be voided. This is better anyway since it'll save you the transactions fees.

Otherwise, please write in to the Helpdesk with the booking number so we can take a look.