Experience the difference of "Elite".

Definitions for Terms in PM Owner Statements

Katie K
Aug 19, 2021 3:37 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 19 posts

Hi!
I am working on creating a new Custom Owner Statement, using the Statement Views section.

I am having a hard time finding the definitions for the terms used. Is there a list of those anywhere? Ex. Owner Amount, Gross, Gross (In period), Owner Revenue... I can figure out a lot of them but some I am not sure..

Thank you!!

Ken T
Aug 19, 2021 5:19 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

You will find some of them on these pages:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/booking-statistics-glossary-name

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/glossary-definitions

Katie K
Aug 20, 2021 10:28 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 19 posts

thank you!!

WWVR
Feb 2, 2023 2:44 PM
Joined Feb, 2018 3 posts

Can you share the formula as to how the Owner Revenue, Owner Net, and Owner Amount are calculated?

Ken T
Feb 7, 2023 11:40 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Owner Net = Owner Amount - Taxes (if paid by owner) - Damage Protection (if paid by owner)
Owner Revenue = Owner Amount + Commission - Non-Owner Charges (harges where the entire amount is kept by the PM)

In plain English:

Owner Net is the amount the owner would expect to pocket after all liabilities are paid.
Owner Revenue is the amount received by the PM for the owner (which includes commission the owner owes to the PM).

Mila M
Apr 24, 2023 6:37 PM
Joined May, 2022 7 posts

Do the "Non-owner Charges" has to be remitted to be deducted from the total revenue for the payout? I can't quite figure out how the expenses, statements, and payout work, the numbers shown on the "preview" owner statement do not match my calculations. I've already read the articles, and the video wasn't clear to me. 

Caleb M
Apr 27, 2023 11:43 AM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 114 posts

Hi Mila,

If you'd like specific help with those numbers you're seeing that do not match your calculations, please do email our help desk. The request will likely hit my desk and I can take a direct look at what you're seeing and we can sort the exact calculations together.

However to answer your question, if you look at any given booking and navigate to the expenses tab of the booking you can click on any of those charges. The line you're looking for is 'Owner visibility". If that line reads as "Don't show on owner statement (pre-deduct from owner earnings)" The system will generally remove it from the Owner Revenue formula.

~Caleb