Experience the difference of "Elite".

Blocked time not showing on VRBO/Airbnb

Christine S
Aug 9, 2021 1:50 PM
Joined Jun, 2021 6 posts

Im still onboarding and my tech said to block off certain dates in OR ( we have a seasonal property that we dont rent in Oct and May) So first I had to unblock them in Airbnb/VRBO bc of a booking conflict as OR did not allow me to do it. I unblocked and it synced to OR, and then I was able to block in OR, but now it won't sync back to Airbnb/VRBO and its showing available when we aren't. Not sure what to do to push the block from OR to Airbnb/VRBO

Ken T
Aug 9, 2021 1:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1545 posts

Please write in to the Helpdesk with specifics as to the blocks that are having problems, and we'll investigate what's going on.

Christine S
Aug 9, 2021 1:54 PM
Joined Jun, 2021 6 posts

I did that and have not received an answer. Meanwhile my property is showing available on VRBO/Airbnb when we cannot rent it

Kathleen S
Sep 13, 2023 7:06 AM
Joined Sep, 2023 1 post

Having a similar issue.  Any fixes?  It seems the API and ical syncing isn't happening in real time or sometimes at all when blocking off time or a reservation in OR.  When I go look at my Airbnb calendars, the blocks don't show. 

Bri
Sep 13, 2023 8:39 AM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 46 posts

Hi Kathleen,

Sometimes, the API syncs do take a few minutes to update. Availability changes are sent to Airbnb in near real time, but those API syncs are placed into a queue that Airbnb works through from the top down. If there's more traffic in the queue, sometimes those updates take longer. With the increase in channel connected STRs over the course of the last year or so, we have seen a significant uptick in the amount of traffic that hits the queue at any given time. 

Airbnb does a last-minute check with us via the API before they'll allow a booking, so even though those dates weren't yet accounted for on the Airbnb availability calendar, the dates would not have been available if a potential guest had tried to book them.

If you still have concerns, please write to us at the helpdesk!