Experience the difference of "Elite".

Damage Insurance Coverage

Paradise Rentals
Aug 3, 2021 1:49 PM
Joined Oct, 2020 3 posts

So, I have the damage insurance activated on my properties, but I'm unclear about what would be covered. The toilet in my unit started backing up last Friday, and I only have one bathroom in each of my duplex units. I had guests checking out in the adjoining unit to the one with the plumbing situation, so I blocked off the unit so the guest in the other unit will have a bathroom while we're waiting on getting the plumbing fixed. Meanwhile, a company diagnosed the problem as guests flushing baby wipes, but their company isn't equipped to fix that, so I am still waiting on a contractor to address the problem. My questions are,
1. Can I submit a claim for the plumbing situation?
2. Can I submit a claim for lost revenue in the other unit, since I needed to block it off for my current guest to use so they have a functional restroom?
3. If there is damage to the bath cabinet or walls, can I submit a claim for that as well?
I'm just not sure how to address this. Thanks...

Ken T
Aug 3, 2021 1:52 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1560 posts

Here's information about our Damage Protection program:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/damage-protection-overview

The DP program covers the cost of damage and repairs, but not lost revenues. So, you should be able to file a claim for the plumber, and any damages due to flooding, but not the cost of losing the property for the repair.