Experience the difference of "Elite".

Inquiry: how to setup a trigger for me to notify inquiry person if dates become available due to cancellation?

KEH
Jul 28, 2021 1:55 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Hi

I'm new to OR and I recently had an enquiry come through for a weekend in Oct as all the weekends were fully booked in Nov however the possible guest really would like a weekend in Nov so has asked me to let her know if any of the Nov weekends become free due to cancellation - is there a way in OR to automate that I get reminded to contact her if a cancellation does happen or any way even manually to make a note on the system? Other than putting it in the notes section of each booking?

Any tips welcome please.

Many thanks
Kellie

Ken T
Jul 28, 2021 2:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

At present, unfortunately, no, we don't have any automated "standby" notification capability.

Valerie R
Jul 29, 2021 2:24 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

What I do in situations like this is enter a note in the November bookings that says something like:

"Joe Smith <email address> would like to rent this weekend if it should happen to cancel."

That way if I am looking at that booking because the guest has requested a cancellation I'll be reminded to contact Joe Smith to see if he still wants to book that weekend.

KEH
Aug 18, 2021 2:58 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Thankyou!! Good tip! I'Il do this :-)