Experience the difference of "Elite".

'Custom fields' in Templates not showing up in correct font/size and on different line - help please?

KEH
Jul 27, 2021 1:01 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Hi

I'm new here and trying to get everything set up in Templates/triggers/custom fields etc...

I wonder if anyone can help me please - I'm having an issue where the text I enter in the custom fields isn't showing in the correct font/size when its pulled into my templates even if I go into the custom field and it shows as the exact same font and even if I manually 'change' the font. Also some custom fields where it should show on the same line as the template text in the template - is being put on another line... any advice welcome please! I hope I've explained that clearly!

Here are some examples of what I mean...

1st example - Kellie is showing on separate line and in different font to the rest of the sentence....
"Kellie
will be home to welcome you when you arrive (socially distanced) If you have any problems finding us or if you will be arriving later than communicated, we can be contacted on......"

2nd example - "2 cars" from custom field is put on separate line:
"We are expecting you to bring

2 Cars"

Really would appreciate if anyone knows why this is and what I need to do to resolve it please.

Many thanks
Kellie

Ken T
Jul 27, 2021 1:22 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1550 posts

Formatting and custom fields is a very complex and challenging issue because of all the invisible coding going on behind the scenes - depending on the type of field, there may be embedded HTML in it, which is then inserted into your template which has its own HTML coding. None of that is normally visible without using the < > Edit HTML view in the editor.

If you're really stuck, write in to the Helpdesk with specific, detailed examples, links, and screenshots of what is wrong, and we can take a look.