Experience the difference of "Elite".

Airbnb email not imported to OR

Y.M
Jul 14, 2021 7:03 AM
Joined Jul, 2021 3 posts

I just set up API with airbnb and also did a channel bridge import to make sure everything is poured into OR system. However, none of the email from the guest were imported in the OR system. Prior to this, I used smartbnb and once booking is confirmed, guests' emails showed up on their contact information. Anything I did wrong???

Ken T
Jul 14, 2021 11:27 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

This is normal - emails are not handled via the API.

Internal Airbnb messages are, though, and those appear in the Conversations and/or CRM > Inbox.

Y.M
Jul 14, 2021 11:42 AM
Joined Jul, 2021 3 posts

No let me clarify: I meant email address of the guest!

Ken T
Jul 14, 2021 12:40 PM

Ah - no, Airbnb never sends the guests' real email addresses, just Airbnb proxy emails. The OwnerRez system can automatically collect the real email addresses via the proxy emails using the Rental Agreement signing process, but you have to set that system up:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/airbnb-request-for-contact-info-real-email-address-and-signed-renter-agreement

Y.M
Jul 19, 2021 5:07 PM
Joined Jul, 2021 3 posts

I do not even get the proxy emails now after I did API. I did in professional host tool to turn the email option on already, but nothing is coming through. proxy or real email.

Ken T
Jul 19, 2021 7:02 PM

Please write in to the Helpdesk so we can take a look - normally, you can pick those up using Channel Bridge for past bookings, and they come in automatically for newly-created ones.