Experience the difference of "Elite".

Gift Cards Anyone?

PacViewLodging
Jun 17, 2021 4:54 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 74 posts

We have had a number of requests recently about gift cards. We had this a bit in the past and we would just create a unique discount code with a specific dollar amount. (It was not an elegant solution in any way and created a bunch of manual work.) We get a lot of requests from civic organizations, schools, etc... and would love to be able to give them a gift cards for specific amounts their auctions, promotions, etc.

If anyone is doing gift cards we would love to get an idea of what you are doing? Are you using a 3rd party processor (kind of like the Booking.com virtual card concept)? Are you doing something in Owner Rez?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Chris L
Jun 20, 2021 2:27 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

This should probably be moved to the Feature Request forum and made into a feature request.

I like the idea and would vote for it. Although I probably wouldn't sell gift cards, I might donate them to charities on occasion, and it would also be a great option to handle guest changes/cancellations when you don't want to refund charges back to their card but you are willing to give them credit towards a future stay.

Le Touquet Holid
Jun 20, 2021 7:34 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

Try Giftup.com easy to integrate. Seems like a great idea but in reality no one really buys them despite heavy promotion. With thes guys it's easy to set up and PAYG so no real loss if it doesn't get used.