Experience the difference of "Elite".

Potential issue with AirBnB channel bridge

KEH
Jun 10, 2021 7:29 AM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Noticed what I think is a slight hole when channel bridging Airbnb.

We’ve been importing bookings from Airbnb via channel bridge with no issue, however recently noticed that on one booking where the guests numbers changed on Airbnb, channel bridge did not pick up on this change.

Essentially it was a booking originally for 7 guests, which some weeks later they asked us to change it to 6.. all changed on Airbnb and expected it to be updated on the next channel bridge, but no, the guest number on OR stayed at 7.

In the end we deleted the booking in ownerrez, then channel bridged again and it brought the booking back in, but this time with the correct number of guests i.e. 6

Any help guys?

Chris Hynes
Jun 10, 2021 8:17 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I'd recommend using the Airbnb API connection -- that will automatically update the guest counts on the booking when they change in Airbnb.

KEH
Jun 10, 2021 9:01 AM

The plan is to go api with Airbnb, however we can’t go api with trip advisor as we don’t meet their criteria, so now wondering if the same issue may occur when channel bridging tripadvisor?

Ken T
Jun 10, 2021 10:46 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Channel Bridge doesn't support TripAdvisor the same way - it can only bring in reviews. So this will not affect it.

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 10, 2021 11:58 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Rob D said:

The plan is to go api with Airbnb, however we can’t go api with trip advisor as we don’t meet their criteria, so now wondering if the same issue may occur when channel bridging tripadvisor?

Api connection to Airbnb is not dependent on Tripadvisor

KEH
Jun 10, 2021 5:06 PM

BlueMtnCabins said:

Api connection to Airbnb is not dependent on Tripadvisor

I didn't say it was.

Chris L
Jun 14, 2021 5:51 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

LOL...then why did you bring TripAdvisor up in the first place? :D