Experience the difference of "Elite".

Airbnb quick reply template through OR?

Kate M
Jun 7, 2021 4:06 AM
Joined Apr, 2021 15 posts

I've set up Airbnb templates and triggers, but I have one template that I want to manually send. I don't see a way to select the template to send to the Airbnb guest through the OR messaging thread. I don't want to try to email their email/blind email, I'd like to be able to select the template with all the field codes and send it through OR airbnb messaging.

In the Airbnb app (not through OR) there's quick replies with fields, so I was surprised OR didn't have this option. Did I miss it somewhere?

Chris Hynes
Jun 7, 2021 10:42 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Is it a booking related template? Currently we only support booking related Airbnb templates, not inquiry ones yet.

If it is, go to Settings > Templates, switch to the Airbnb tab, and add the template there. You don't need a trigger because you're adding it manually.

Then go to the Conversation view for the guest and use the "Use Template" button to switch to that template.

Kate M
Jun 7, 2021 11:13 AM
Joined Apr, 2021 15 posts

Chris -

There seems to be two different conversation screens in OR! When I go to CRM->Inbox-> then select the thread with the guest, there's NO option for templates (only button is for "attach file"). However, if I go to the booking tab-> select the booking -> click on the conversations link in the upper right, then it opens up "Conversation with X" and shows a button to "select template" as well as for "attach file". These screens are virtually identical except for the template button being on one and not the other.

I'm happy you've helped me find how to do it, but seems adding the "use template" to the other conversation screen would be helpful too!

Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Jun 7, 2021 1:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, that's what I was mentioning with template selection only working for bookings right now. It's actually not based on where you came from, but whether the guest has bookings...

If you have a future booking for a guest, it will show the "Use Template". If there are no bookings for the guest, or all bookings are in the past, then it won't show the option.

We are working on adding more features for the messaging, but I don't have an ETA for you yet.

Denise A
Oct 11, 2021 4:46 PM
Joined Sep, 2021 3 posts

Is there a timeline for adding this yet? There are some "snippets" that I constantly use when replying to inquiries, including my closing/name/company, that I don't want to have to retype so often. Many times people will ask for "next weekend" or "x number of guests" and I have to ask for more detailed info. It gets tedious.

Ken T
Oct 11, 2021 6:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We don't announce timelines for development because unexpected issues can pop up, well, unexpectedly - but I do know some of this functionality is in work, and we do prefer to finish what we start whenever possible.