Experience the difference of "Elite".

Correction to Airbnb ical import & export

CatP
Jun 6, 2021 7:31 PM
Joined May, 2019 11 posts

Hi, the correct place to put ical links in Airbnb is under Reservations, not Availability.
And- I still cannot find how to import the OR calendar TO Airbnb. Other Hosts have said that because of this same issue, they are manually updating their Airbnb calendar with bookings from other platforms.

Ken T
Jun 7, 2021 11:14 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Are you saying that the instructions and screenshots on this page need to be updated?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-calendar-import-export-airbnb

CatP
Jun 7, 2021 4:47 PM

Yes. There is no place on the Airbnb site or app that we can add a link to Import reservation from another site like OR, VRBO, etc. They must be added to the Airbnb calendar manually OR we have to set up an API connection.
Please tell your Airbnb connections that this is a step backward.
Thank you, Ken.

Chris Hynes
Jun 7, 2021 4:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

They've relabled the location of the calendar import/export. I just updated the article: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-calendar-import-export-airbnb

CatP
Jun 7, 2021 6:22 PM

Hi, Chris, on my Samsung notebook ( android) this is not where I found a link. I had to go to the Dashboard then Reservations. Under Reservations it gives you the option to sync their calendar to another site, but I did not find any option to Import.
I sent Ken screenshots, etc.
Even when I selected desktop view, the calendar, availability when selected automatically took me to their app which does not have the import/export feature.
I read their forums. Maybe using a PC is the only way to do this option.

Paul W
Jun 8, 2021 9:34 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Cat, you're using a smartphone which will look differently than a desktop/laptop will look. For configuring calendar import (iCal) we recommend using a bigger screen like a desktop or laptop.

However, you can use a smartphone and still get it to work. I used a Samsung Note, exactly as you are, to reproduce the process. Here are the screenshots of how it looks using a Samsung Note with Android.

After logging into Airbnb, go to the Profile menu and then click Manage Your Listing:

Then click the top right menu button and click on Listings:

It will show you a list of your properties. Find your listing and click on it to drill in:

After the listing loads, click on Pricing and Availability:

Scroll down a ways, and you'll see a Calendar Sync section with Import and Export options:

In my picture, the Import option is disabled because this Airbnb account has API integration in place. If you don't have API integration in place, your Import option will be clickable.

CatP
Jun 9, 2021 1:46 PM

Note: If you have the Airbnb app installed, you have to uninstall it before you can see the option to do the calendar synch ( above ).
For some reason with the app installed, when you click on the listing to edit, it gives you a different screen with limited options. If you click on Availability, it automatically takes you to the app where you cannot see the option to do a calendar synch.
Anyone else run in to this same problem, I wonder?
* I uninstalled the app, and everything worked as you described.