Experience the difference of "Elite".

Mailchimp email marketing

Greta K
Apr 24, 2021 10:32 AM
Joined Jan, 2021 3 posts

This is a question about Mailchimp or how other hosts send email marketing emails vs how to use OR. I am new to OR and have collected 26 emails from bookings! I would like to send an email to these guests, with a discount code if they book direct through the my website that OR hosts. I have signed up for a MailChimp account, and imported the contacts from OR to mailchimp. In mailchimp, How do I turn these 26 emails into 'subscribed' status via MailChimp? Or how do others hosts do email 'marketing'? Thanks!

Le Touquet Holid
Apr 25, 2021 7:25 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

I would recommend joining the chimp answers Facebook group to find out more about mailchimp.

I

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 27, 2021 12:43 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Todd and Greta K said:

This is a question about Mailchimp or how other hosts send email marketing emails vs how to use OR. I am new to OR and have collected 26 emails from bookings! I would like to send an email to these guests, with a discount code if they book direct through the my website that OR hosts. I have signed up for a MailChimp account, and imported the contacts from OR to mailchimp. In mailchimp, How do I turn these 26 emails into 'subscribed' status via MailChimp? Or how do others hosts do email 'marketing'? Thanks!

I have over 2000 emails in my list. and I send periodic newsletters. It is VERY fruitless. I maybe had 3 rebooks from the mailings and I have been in rental biz 10 years and I had 3 (now 2 ) properties. No one reads email anymore, it ends up in spam or gets deleted.

Le Touquet Holid
Apr 28, 2021 1:59 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

I have found you need to keep your list clean. If a contact doesn't open then cull them from your list.
Also easier to keep below the mailchimp free limit of subscribers. Algorithms favour interaction. I'm getting around a 60 % open rate on my monthly mail shot.