Experience the difference of "Elite".

Channel Bridge / Modified booking omission

KEH
Apr 20, 2021 4:44 AM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Having a slight issue with Channel Bridge and a modified booking in AirBnB.

Not sure if it's something we're doing wrong, or if it's just not pulling the new data.

Essentially we had a booking which has moved dates. It's a confirmed booking taken some time ago through AirBnB and was for the beginning of May, but now the booking has been moved to the middle of June. All is correct on AIrBnB's side but when running channel bridge it doesn't appear to pull these new dates and move the booking in OwnerRez.

If I look at the booking in Ownerrez it does show that it was last Channel Bridged today, so it has pulled in recent payments against that booking, but it hasn't changed the booking dates.

Am I doing something wrong, or are modified dates not something pulled by Channel Bridge?

Many thanks

Ken T
Apr 20, 2021 1:47 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Channel Bridge does not move the dates of bookings.

We recommend connecting to Airbnb using our API connection, which will automatically update dates:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-setup-connecting

If you are using iCals, they can update the dates, but not reliably, as Airbnb doesn't always send the changed information on the iCal feed.

KEH
Apr 21, 2021 3:23 AM

Thanks Ken,

We may go IP connected to AirBnB in the future but for now we are trying not to as AirBnB force you to have instant booking on when API connected. I understand there are rules you can set such as "ID verified and positive feedback etc etc" but for logistical reasons we prefer not to accept instant booking at the moment.

Which brings up 2 questions...

If we delete the original booking in OwnerRez and then run bring Channel Bridge again, would it bring the booking back in with the new dates?

Or is it better to edit the booking in OwnerRez with new dates? But if I do that, will channel bridge still sync other data relating to that booking in the future... such as payments etc?

Many thanks

Ken T
Apr 21, 2021 8:46 AM

Actually, Airbnb API now does support Request-to-Book:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/instant-book-vs-request-to-book#airbnb

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 22, 2021 1:12 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Rob D said:

Thanks Ken,

We may go IP connected to AirBnB in the future but for now we are trying not to as AirBnB force you to have instant booking on when API connected. I understand there are rules you can set such as "ID verified and positive feedback etc etc" but for logistical reasons we prefer not to accept instant booking at the moment.

Which brings up 2 questions...

If we delete the original booking in OwnerRez and then run bring Channel Bridge again, would it bring the booking back in with the new dates?

Or is it better to edit the booking in OwnerRez with new dates? But if I do that, will channel bridge still sync other data relating to that booking in the future... such as payments etc?

Many thanks

You no longer have to have IB for Airbnb integration. You can choose request to book.

KEH
Apr 22, 2021 2:43 PM

That's great news... when did this change? in the last few weeks?

Ken T
Apr 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Yes, just last week. You can watch the webinar announcement here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/webinar-april-13-2021-ownerrez-airbnb-offline-security-deposits-and-request-to-book?autoplay