Experience the difference of "Elite".

Push new listing to OTA's but have them not published?

Doug D
Apr 2, 2021 3:19 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 16 posts

I'm creating a new listing in Ownerrez, and I want activate it so that it will get pushed out to Airbnb and VRBO so that I can preview them, but I don't want them seen by the public yet. Is there a way to do that?

Paul W
Apr 2, 2021 4:24 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Doug, you can create a new listing in Airbnb and get syncing working but not "activate" it so the public won't see it. That will work for Airbnb, TripAdvisor and Booking.com but not Vrbo. Vrbo does not have a way to hide/show the listing that way. And for Booking.com, the listing has to be created on that side first before mapping the OR side to it. For Air and TA, you can create the listing in OwnerRez and push it over new.

Doug D
Apr 2, 2021 4:28 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 16 posts

I thought that all changes like this now had to made on OR, and not on the platforms?

Chris Hynes
Apr 2, 2021 4:48 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, you would create the new Airbnb listing in OwnerRez -- just don't publish it. You will still be able to see it in your Airbnb profile and preview it over there before publishing.

MB
May 8, 2023 12:46 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 23 posts

Is there a way to share this with preview with owners/others not connected to my Air account so they can preview prior to me listing?

Ken T
May 8, 2023 1:54 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

That's a question for Airbnb since it's their system, but - as far as I am aware, no there is not.  Either a listing is enabled and visible to everyone in the world, or it's disabled and only visible to just you.

MB
May 8, 2023 1:57 PM

Thanks, Ken. I don't necessarily care if it's the Air listing. I am simply looking for a way for new owners to preview listings prior to publishing. I also asked on the FB group, but haven't had any responses or suggestions.

Ken T
May 9, 2023 10:36 AM

Yes, there is not, as that's kind of contrary to the nature of the Internet.

MB
May 9, 2023 1:29 PM

Thanks for the reply. Despite the 'nature of the internet,' the nature of my owners is that they want to see the listing prior to going live. And the nature of business is that the customer is always right. ;-) So I'll post the workaround I used to keep my owners happy for other managers in the same predicament. I used a free, temporary WP site to embed the WP property widgets side by side on one page so the owners could easily compare the 3 new listings to each other. I also downloaded the current listings (managed by another company) so the old manager's listing and new manager's (me) listings could be compared side by side. That way the improvements and changes are obvious. Hope that helps someone!

Ken T
May 9, 2023 1:33 PM

That makes sense, however, I will warn that such a site will be visible, not just to your owners, but to anybody in the world.