Experience the difference of "Elite".

Verify Email / Domain

KEH
Mar 28, 2021 4:07 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

With regards to email masking i.e. being able to send emails with your own domain instead of via inquiryspot.com. It seems there is an issue whereby it doesn't allow some TLD's

Namely .co.uk domains when I tried.

When you try to start the process it comes up with an error in ownerrez "The domain doesn't look quite right. Please review and correct.

But if I enter a .com domain, it goes to the next stage and gives you the TXT and CNAME changes that need to be made... But our website is a co.uk, not a .com

Anyway round this guys?

Tiffany a
Mar 29, 2021 10:22 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2021 2 posts

Any domain name should be okay to enter no matter what the TLD (top level domain) is. It doesn't have to be .com. Any other TLD should work. That being the case, if you can share what the domain name is, we'll take a look and run some checks on our end.

KEH
Mar 30, 2021 9:21 AM

Hi Tiffany,

So just to be clear, this is on the 'profile' page, then click on 'verify your domain'. Which takes you to 'Verified Email Domains' then clicking '+ Verify Domain' button.

Then is the box supplied i've entered the domain and tried all formats i.e.
kehwindsor.co.uk
www.kehwindsor.co.uk
https://www.kehwindsor.co.uk/
http://www.kehwindsor.co.uk/

Clicked on the 'Save & View Instructions' button. And each time is gives the error...

Please correct the errors below.
- The domain name you've entered doesn't look quite right. Please review and correct.

Many thanks in advance for your help on this one.

Joel P
Mar 30, 2021 2:48 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

Thanks for the report, Rob!

Looks like we got too strict on the TLD validation. We'll loosen that up in the next patch.

KEH
Mar 30, 2021 5:39 PM

Great thanks Joel.

Just out of interest, how often do you apply patches? 2 or 3 times a month?

Chris Hynes
Mar 30, 2021 6:52 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, somewhere around there. You can follow our releases in the changelog: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/latestupdates -- and we also write blog posts the week subsequent that drill into the details.

KEH
Apr 8, 2021 9:08 PM

Hi Guys,

I see you've released another update yesterday, but I still can't seem to verify a .co.uk domain.

If it wasn't included in the latest update, will it be included in the next?

We haven't actually gone live with using ownerrez as we are still setting everything up and testing before we do, but we are quite close and really would like to verify our domain email address before we do.

many thanks

Joel P
Apr 9, 2021 2:54 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

It's done, just hasn't made it all the way through testing phase yet. Should be coming out soon! 🙂

KEH
Apr 9, 2021 3:35 PM

Cheers Joel, I'll keep a look out for it.

Chris Hynes
Apr 17, 2021 5:57 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Just wanted to let you know the update to allow .co.uk has been released.

KEH
Apr 23, 2021 2:01 AM

Great. Thanks guys, all set up now. ;)