Experience the difference of "Elite".

Import Payments Issue

Kari-Ann C
Mar 25, 2021 2:01 PM
Joined Mar, 2021 2 posts

I made a mistake importing payments from another PMS system as I'm migrating to OwnerRez. It looks like I imported some of the same data twice. Is there an easy way to see what was imported and remove the duplicates? If I go into individual reservations, I can see both imported entries but I can't delete either one.

Ken T
Mar 25, 2021 2:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

There *may* be. Are you able to get information about the affected bookings using Channel Bridge?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-bridge-what-is-is-how-it-works

If so, then when you import the Channel Bridge file, you can select the option to overwrite all financial information. That'll wipe out all the duplicate data and replace it with fresh new updated entries.

Otherwise, please write in to the Helpdesk with an example and we'll see what can be done.

Kari-Ann C
Mar 25, 2021 2:29 PM
Joined Mar, 2021 2 posts

Thanks, Ken, but this isn't an import from AirBNB, VRBO, or TripAdvisor. I've exported data from a competitor to OwnerRez and was using the Import function to import payments. I just looked again and the ImportPayments feature has the ability to Delete Existing Payments for a reservation when importing. Since I haven't taken any reservations in OwnerRez yet, I used that option. It removed both duplicate entries and replaced it with the correct entry from the file.

Ken T
Mar 25, 2021 2:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Sounds like it got sorted out anyway!