Experience the difference of "Elite".

Widget pre-population not happening?

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 19, 2021 2:08 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

If I get a visitor to site from a Smokies Common Widget referral, I thought that dates /guests will be prepopulated in widget on my page? Example:
1. person searches smokymountaincabinsbyowner.com and enters Oct 2 - 9 , 2021 and 8 adults in the search widget;
2. properties with matching availability are shown
3. Guests selects my property (Appalachian Escape) and clicks on it.
4. Guest is taken to MY website property page where I have availability/book widget for my property
Expected result: Widget on my property page is prepopulated with dated Oct 2 -9, 2021 and 8 adults
Actual result: Widget is NOT prepopulated, and guest has to enter dates and number of people again.
NOTE: I see property widget prepopulating for one of Alliance partners, example: https://rentalcabinsingatlinburg.com/star-dancer-cabin/?or_arrival=2021-10-02&or_departure=2021-10-09&or_guests=8

Is there something wrong with widget set up under my property??? TIA

Chris Hynes
Feb 19, 2021 3:47 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The problem here is that you've got a double iframe situation going on with the widget. Because of how it's set up in your page builder, the embed is an iframe that keeps the OwnerRez widget from being able to access the outside page and see the URL parameters there.

Two ways to fix this:

a) if you can have the webpage builder transfer the querystring arguments ?or_arrival=2021-10-02&or_departure=2021-10-09&or_guests=8 from the outside page into its iframe, then we'll be able to access them

OR

b) if you can change the webpage builder to render the widgets out directly on the main page vs inside an iframe, then we'd be able to access the parameters directly

Also FYI, when checking this I noticed you've got a disabled OR widget on your main Cabins page.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 19, 2021 4:02 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Thank you, I accidentally disabled the widget. I do not think any of those options can be done with this builder, bummer... :(