Experience the difference of "Elite".

AirBnB CRM and URLs (and specifically the Rental Agreement)

Glenn Moore
Feb 12, 2021 3:17 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

I have a question regarding using the CRM (specifically with the AirBnB channel but perhaps others as well). Perhaps someone has a work around or can advise me on a better approach.

Since going with the full API for my listing sites I am really enjoying the channel communications through CRM. Back in the day, when a booking was imported from AirBnB, I sent out regular emails for things like instructions, rental agreement link, etc. Some guests had trouble with the regular email. I like that we can create templates and use them in the AirBnB CRM now and that this goes through AirBnB messaging. However AirBnB removes all URLs from the message. Case in point, my standard "Please sign Rental Agreement" gets the OR link to the rental agreement blocked.

As anyone determined an approach to use CRM (with AirBnB.. or others) that preserve the links? Or are will still relegated to email for this approach.

Glenn

Ken T
Feb 12, 2021 3:21 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, Airbnb does remove all URLs from their internal messages - but only for guests who have not yet booked. Once a guest has booked, the URLs aren't removed, so you can use the link to get the Rental Agreement signed at that time.

However, generally we recommend using the email method as well, just to make sure.

sunchic vacation
May 10, 2021 7:41 AM
Joined May, 2021 20 posts

So, should I be confident that the URLs I put in my OwnerRez property description that link to guest manuals, directions, etc., that are pushed to the channels like Airbnb, Booking.com, VRBO will function for guests within each of those channels? I ask because when I preview my listing in Airbnb for example, the URLs are not functional. I do intent to communicate directly after booking and provide the same information, but for guests who refer back to their channel portal (Airbnb), I would want any URLs to be functional. I appreciate that each channel can change their policy/methods any time, but interested in what has been the practice because I use these links to keep my information current and clean by referencing information from my Google Drive. Thanks.

Ken T
May 10, 2021 10:07 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

No, you should be confident of the opposite - if you put links in your property description, most likely they will *not* work, probably won't be visible at all, and in many cases will cause your listing to be suspended or cancelled. There are always exceptions in each direction, but the goal of the channels is to make it impossible for guests to figure out who you are and contact you directly, so including links is generally prevented.

BlueMtnCabins
May 11, 2021 10:38 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

sunchic vacation said:

So, should I be confident that the URLs I put in my OwnerRez property description that link to guest manuals, directions, etc., that are pushed to the channels like Airbnb, Booking.com, VRBO will function for guests within each of those channels? I ask because when I preview my listing in Airbnb for example, the URLs are not functional. I do intent to communicate directly after booking and provide the same information, but for guests who refer back to their channel portal (Airbnb), I would want any URLs to be functional. I appreciate that each channel can change their policy/methods any time, but interested in what has been the practice because I use these links to keep my information current and clean by referencing information from my Google Drive. Thanks.

Why? once booked and signed rental agreement, you should have renter's REAL phone/email where you can send your house manual, links, etc.