Experience the difference of "Elite".

How to sync Quickbooks payments

Marc K
Feb 8, 2021 2:07 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 1 post

We use Quickbooks payments to collect rent via ACH and credit card payment. OwnerRez does not see these payments. It looks like I need to manually add all the payments I receive to OwnerRez. Also, every time I sync a booking, it turns off the payment options on the Quickbooks invoice. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Feb 9, 2021 11:31 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, the QuickBooks sync is designed to go the other way and transfer transactions from OwnerRez to QuickBooks. As far as I know we're not turning off payment options during the sync -- that may be something happening on the QuickBooks side. I'll double check and see if we are changing that somewhere.

Paul W
Feb 10, 2021 1:08 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

This might be happening because OwnerRez is adding whatever payments are in OwnerRez to the invoice which in turn pays off the invoice and removes the payment options on the QB side. But that would only happen if you had already entered payments in OwnerRez. If the booking has no payments in OwnerRez, then no payment data would be going across. Can you provide a screenshot of what the invoice looks like with/without being synced from OwnerRez?