Experience the difference of "Elite".

AirBnB House Manual

Dori123
Jan 16, 2021 12:47 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

I have a .pdf file in the Guest Resources section of my AirBnB listing. I just updated it and want to upload it. I don't see a way to upload it and push it from Owner Rez. Also, since I am API, I am unable to edit that section on the AirBnB side.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Ken T
Jan 18, 2021 11:09 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We're not familiar with anywhere in Airbnb where you can upload a PDF file for guests. Can you provide more information and screenshots, maybe in an email to the Helpdesk?

Dori123
Jan 18, 2021 1:31 PM

Email sent.
It's under "Guest Resources," as "House Manual." When API connected, this is not editable.

Chris Hynes
Jan 18, 2021 1:46 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh. There are a few areas like that where Airbnb doesn't allow them to be changed via API but also disables the option in the Airbnb site when API is connected.

To get around that:

1) Go to the Airbnb settings in OwnerRez, click "Change Property Mappings" and switch the sync for that property to "Limited". That will stop syncing listing content for the moment.
2) Go to Airbnb and make the changes you need for house manual -- those options will be re-enabled since the sync is in Limited mode
3) Once everything looks good on house manual, come back to OwnerRez and switch back to Everything mode to start syncing listing content again.

Chris L
Jan 18, 2021 8:54 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Just to clarify, when Everything sync is re-enabled, these non-API-controlled settings won't be overwritten? That's potentially very useful info.

Ken T
Jan 18, 2021 11:18 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

In many cases, yes. We do occasionally find some situations where that doesn't work.

Dori123
Jan 21, 2021 3:14 PM

Thanks. I ended up using the "Limited" feature to just delete it. Back in the day, you used to have all your info in a self-produced manual. Now there is a field for everything, so it's not necessary.