Experience the difference of "Elite".

HTG/ HomeToGo integration
(page 1 )

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 23, 2020 12:29 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I saw a link to HTG integration info, and submitted a form for a trial run. However, it asks for HTG mapping - I do not have one as I do not have properties on HTG (or rather have them as vrbo listing).

Received automated response:
Thank you for completing HomeToGo's Connection and Commercial Agreement. Please make sure your properties are activated for HomeToGo so that we can start the integration process. Our Connectivity Team will be in touch with you shortly.

So how do I get HTG listings? confused.

Ken T
Dec 29, 2020 10:13 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Just wanted to follow up on this - my understanding is that you needed to put the HomeToGo property ID under the HomeToGo channel settings in OwnerRez.

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 29, 2020 4:04 PM

I do not have HTG ID?

Ken T
Dec 29, 2020 4:09 PM

Hmm. Are you able to reach out to your HTG rep to get it?

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 29, 2020 4:28 PM

Got OOO reply that they are out till 28th which was yesterday. Will see if they respond soon.

GetStay
Dec 30, 2020 7:15 PM
Joined May, 2020 20 posts

Same here, last email we got from them stating "Our Connectivity Team will be in touch with you shortly." was from 18 December, they must be busy decorating the Christmas tree :)

Ken T
Jan 5, 2021 4:41 PM

I think part of the delay may be that they didn't originally realize our clients were worldwide, so we only had the US link posted. There's a separate link for Europe, which has since been added to the signup. You might give that a try.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 5, 2021 4:49 PM

Ken T said:

I think part of the delay may be that they didn't originally realize our clients were worldwide, so we only had the US link posted. There's a separate link for Europe, which has since been added to the signup. You might give that a try.

I am in the US and they are not responding to me. I am confused that their site leads me to sign up with Vrbo (I already have vrbo listings and they show on HTG as vrbo). I want to show my direct listings there, side by side with vrbo.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 12, 2021 9:16 AM

Looks like I am live. I have lost link to article about integration. Help?

Ken T
Jan 12, 2021 9:23 AM

Are you looking for this?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-hometogo-setup-connecting

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 12, 2021 10:20 AM

Ken T said:

Are you looking for this?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-hometogo-setup-connecting

That, thank you, plus their pricing after trial is over.

Ken T
Jan 12, 2021 10:31 AM

You'd have to check with them on that - as a matter of policy, we don't attempt to post the pricing of other companies because they can change at any time and we don't want to mislead.

Pari &
Jan 13, 2021 9:02 PM
Joined Dec, 2020 2 posts

During the webinar, are we going to go over step by step process on how to integrate OwnerRez with Home2Go ?
Are we also going to be discussing pricing after the trial is over ?

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 31, 2021 2:30 PM

Just got this. Sound like they are changing their conditions on the fly? "Unfortunately, we’ve faced some unforeseeable delays with the new payment solution and won’t be able to switch you to 2.5% as you’ll still run on a partial integration with your own payment solution. " So THEY faced problems and therefore THEY want to charge us 14% instead of 2.5%??? That is quite a jump. Does anyone know what do they mean??? Thanks

"Dear valued partner,

As you already know, HomeToGo’s 0% promotion is coming to an end on March 31st.

We hope that we’ve been able to contribute to the success of your business in these last months by bringing you commission-free bookings.

What changes

Originally, we were planning on offering you a reduced commission as part of a full integration on our new payment solution. Unfortunately, we’ve faced some unforeseeable delays with the new payment solution and won’t be able to switch you to 2.5% as you’ll still run on a partial integration with your own payment solution.

In the meantime, all new generated bookings will be charged at our regular 14% commission for all OwnerRez clients running under partial integration as of April 1st, 2021.

What’s in it for you

We understand that this can be confusing to you and we want to assure you that our intention was to have everything ready by now. The trust of our partners is key to us and the success of our business. We will do everything in our power to retain your confidence in HomeToGo. As a measure of good faith, we will offer the following for your properties:

Immediate visibility boost for your properties on our 40+ websites

Possibility to choose your invoicing trigger - on booking or on check-in date, just answer this email to let us know

Full support if you wish to markup our commission - just reply to this email as well if you need help or information

Top priority when our payment platform is ready and possibility to choose between a host-only fee only and a combined host + guest fee

We are confident that the new visibility boost for your properties will result in many more bookings and show you that we value your business. We also strongly believe that continuing our partnership will be mutually beneficial in the long run and we hope that you’ll decide to keep on working with us.

Thank you for your time and understanding. We hope you’re staying healthy and we are available for any questions you may have.

Best,

Your HomeToGo Team

Le Touquet Holid
Mar 31, 2021 7:48 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

It sounds like they were going down the route of handling the payments for us?
If that's true that was never made clear and would make them the same as any other OTA.
Personally I don't have any trust in the company. The 2.5% deal was never made available to European hosts and now we get an announcement like this! The delays at the start also didn't inspire confidence.
At 14% the maths are never going to work to make any money for me.

Paul W
Mar 31, 2021 11:19 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Thanks for sharing the notice with everyone. Yes, we saw that too and reached out to them about. We don't know what the "payments isn't ready yet" part means? We here at OwnerRez were not aware that some other payment solution was going to be worked on or offered to users. Not sure what that means, nor why the commission is now increasing up to 14%. My assumption is that it was always supposed to be 10-15% (which is the normal range when you're the merchant of record) and so the 2.5% seemed strange. At any rate, I agree that there is some confusion here that needs to be worked out.

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 1, 2021 11:06 AM

5-8% I may consider ( as I am also paying 3% cc fee). 14% is a flat no. What is going to happen is that owners (me for example) will raise their rates by as much to cover the commission, and nothing will ever book through their site. So if they opted for reasonable commission say 5% they would get something. With 14%, they will get a 14% of 0. Which is still 0 last I checked.

Le Touquet Holid
Apr 1, 2021 12:31 PM
Joined Nov, 2018 113 posts

Exactly Airbnb is 15% and they handle the payment processing so where is the incentive to promote/use HTG?

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 7, 2021 1:13 PM

Any news on this?

PacViewLodging
Apr 7, 2021 10:15 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 74 posts

When the promotion came out we went ahead and set them up but we assumed that they would be in the 15% range so we set their pricing with the 15% upcharge just to see how much business they would generate for us. We got a couple of bookings is all. I got the notice and told them no thanks.