Experience the difference of "Elite".

Changeover Restrictions Rules

Glenn Moore
Dec 15, 2020 11:01 AM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi, I have a question for the community on changeover restrictions rules. What I want to do is someone simple I think, but I am not sure if the rules can support his or not. Here are my requirements

a) I enforce a minimum booking of 5 nights (I find this discourages the partiers)
b) I like to keep 1 night for changeover on both sides of the reservation. This makes it easier on my cleaning staff and in COVID times like this, it is a good practice
c) As my place gets a lot of interest, I want to shape my reservations by avoiding a gap that is less than 5 nights (the gap considering rule b)

So, for example if someone books with a departure of Jan 14th, nobody can book on the 14th (as per rule (b)). They could book on the 15th as there is no gap (considering rule (c)). But also considering rule (c) if they do not book on the 15th then they cannot book until Jan 22nd as that would create a gap less than 5 nights (which is unbookable according to rule (b))

Rule a is pretty easy - under length restrictions
However it seems I either have to choose rule b OR rule c under gaps under changeover restrictions. I cant seem to define my gap avoidance AND have a night padding on each side of the reservation

Anyone have any ideas on how to configure this?

Thanks in advance.
Glenn

Paul W
Dec 15, 2020 3:21 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Glenn,

Disallow Gaps rules should take into consideration the Forced Gaps rules as well. Try changing the Disallow Gap to 4 nights and the Forced Gap to 1. The combination of the two might make it so someone has to either book the next day or 5 days later. You can play with Tools > Direct Rate Tester to see what the rules say.

Interesting problem!

Glenn Moore
Dec 15, 2020 3:31 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi Paul, the problem is that when you get to the changeover restrictions settings, all the settings are 'radio button' like - ie. you can only choose one at a time. Hence of I choose "Require gap between bookings of [1 night]" then it delselects the "Disallow any gaps that have a length between...".

It appears you can only do one or the other?

Glenn

Paul W
Dec 15, 2020 4:23 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

What if you restrict gaps between 2 and 4 nights? So a 1 night gap or 5+ night gap would be fine. Like so: